LB7 with LBZ heads

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
What's going on guys I'm new the forum but not to the duramax life. I have a o3 lb7 that's started knocking as I pulled into the driveway but I also have lbz motor in the garage. What will need to be done to do a lb7 head swap to a lbz block thanks guys

03 lb7
Stroker cp3
Fass with sump
50% over inject
Dsp 5
Triple disc converte

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I think all you have to worry about is the reluctor wheel
not sure if it needs to be changed or if its a software thing
Good luck:thumb:

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
Okay thanks I was reading up on and some say that you had to grind a teeth of the reluctor wheel some say you have to replace it not sure on how to do that thanks for your help

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Have you actually diagnosed the truck to be sure you actually need to swap the short block? Injectors can make some bad noises when they get hung open or start acting up.

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
Yes I have my oil pressure actually dropped is there a trick to changing reluctor wheels or could I just bought my lb7 heads onto the LBZ block and go

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So you probably filled your crank case with diesel. Search here about LB7 injectors. That more than likely took out your bearings. If you’re lucky it’s just your injectors knocking and fresh oil and new injectors fix it.

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for the help guys I changed the oil still
Same problem if any one is interested I have an 07
Motor and trans complete with wire harness up
For all trades

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Download Tapatalk or go to advanced and hit the insert icon. I think it looks like a paper clip on this forum.

Good point by Josh. An injector can make a motor sound like hell. I would get some balance rates. Also do you have that old oil filter? Cut it open and see if there's any metal.

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
What goin on guys? Checked the oil filter and it has
Silver shavings in it. I done with it for now just don't have
The time. For the guys that do their on work im selling a
Complete 07 lbz motor and trans 184000 i have wire
Wire harness ecu and tcm. Make me and offer thanks for
Your help

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Put a thread up in the Garage Sale section if you want to sell your drivetrain.

Since you have an 03, ever thought of doing an LBZ swap on your truck?

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
Yes I did but if I could pay someone to do it
I would.
I jus don't have the time working a lot after the storm
Hit

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
hey what's going on guys I just wanted to say thanks for everyone that told me what needs to be done I took my lb7 block out of my truck it had a broken crankshaft I switch everything over to an LBZ block didn't have any problems with switching anything over did ARP head studs now I'm trying to start the truck is giving me a code of camshaft positioning sensor timing too high how could I get around this the truck starts and run for about 2 seconds and shuts off:(

Youngbuck

Oct 25, 2018
Yes I swap little reluctor is out and use the same crank sensor and cam sensor from lb7