Lb7 VATS

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I haven’t found the elusive cream puff 1-owner black/black lb7, but I couldn’t stand being without a dmax any longer! I just bought an 02 :). It’s been a new problem each day this week, lol.

Last night while driving, the Security light came on. Other than the light, there weren’t any changes in driveability. The truck restarts fine too. But this little light of
mine is a shining, lol.

I whipped out my v2 and disabled VATS! Cal flash. Restart. Started right up and Security is still displayed. Does EFI Live not truly disable VATS, or am I showing my ignorance on this one 🤔. Code u1000 is all I’m seeing; I don’t think it’s related. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I snapped a pic at the end of the 600yd range at my club yesterday, after I recharged the A/C when it died 2hrs earlier. It was 95* out. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_8606.jpeg
    IMG_8606.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: darkness

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
A/C is cool this morning. Gonna have to grab a nitrogen bottle and some soapy spray. This VATS thing seems to plague a lot of people. I did the key learn and reset procedure just now and the truck starts with the OEM and my new spare key, but the Security light is still on constantly.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
U1000 is loss of communication with the ECM. Could be the comm wires or a ground. Probably the reason the security light is on

Reactions: N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Interesting. That code was stored when I bought the truck, and he’d just put in new batteries, so I dismissed it. At the time the security light wasn’t malfunctioning, but maybe it was behaving in front of the buyer. Haha.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Good read, thank you. I’m guessing since the trans temp gauge craps out that maybe that threw the code. It’s in history with no other codes.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I was up late last night reading and stumbled upon some advice from a guy using HPT. The guy opined that whenever you turn off vats you need to also shut off all dtc’s for anything related to security and you must full flash and not cal flash.

My plan today was to return to stock. Relearn vats. Full flash my no vats tune. Mod to the Buddy Jesus and see what happens.

I reflashed the stock tune. Security light went out on startup! Maybe when I did the relearn it also needed all modules cleared, like EFI LIVE does at the conclusion of writing tuning? Anyway, I full flashed the no vats tune and restarted the truck. No security warning. I’ll head out later and see if it comes back.

Reactions: 2004LB7

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Errands all day. No security light. Trans temp has been spuriously reading and sometimes dead zero. But the edge reads steadily. I think the dash isn’t 100% - big shock there, lol.

Reactions: LBZ and 1FastBrick