Lb7 tune help please!!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Actually he has a autocal so he would have to unlink from his current guy to flash my tune. I guess he doesn’t want to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I sure as hell would if he is having all the issues be described. Im confused though. You said you swapped a pretuned ecm in and it ran fine thats why you are ruling out hard parts. Why didnt you just keep that ecm in the truck? It would have had to been tuned for your truck to begin with so where did it go? Like tom said if its throwing codes then post it up let us know whats its doing. We cant help with the info we have.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Looking at your mods, this truck would run with a stock tune. Not great, but it will run and drive. What exact issue are you having? Post codes, I'm betting there is another issue.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Load a stock tune with LBZ FPR scaling and see if it runs fine, it says "barely running" with no real description....

A stock LB7 file with the correct scaling to idle smoothly, in a sac 45 injector truck will run about like a "tow tune" in a stock injector truck.
If not then there is other issues that need to be looked into. As far as codes what are they? Generally codes cant point you in the right direction of the issue.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think you guys are missing some key info here.
  • He has an autocal, no v2 or v3 so modding and flashing a tune wont work
  • hes put another known good tuned ecm in and ran great with no issues (per his discription)
  • current tuner wont send updated tunes to use in his autocal
  • cant flash in Shanes tunes because autocal is locked to shit tuner and OP has not had it unlocked
I dont see codes as his issue by any means being it ran great on the other ecm (again, per the OP) but maybe? may be an ECM issue too.

We are at the mercy of the OP getting the autocal unlocked, getting another autocal or getting a v2/v3 and flashing in quality tunes.