LB7 to LBZ (Wiring)

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
I don't think the ECM has a kodiak tune, I bought the engine and tranny from a roll over but I'm not sure what they had for a tune if any. Everything else was factory so I am assuming there was no tune.

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
I think I did it right, there was two orange wire together and I moved them to A8. The pinout drawing I had was a little wonky but I think they are in the right place. Do you have a pinout for C2 block? I tried the antifreeze thing just in case and I made sure all the air was out of the lines. I think its a wire issue for sure though as it is exactly 3 seconds it stays running every time.

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
Ya I checked it again and it is on A8 according to the pinout I have and there is 12V's there, they are the two orange wires that are together. The security lock light still does flash though even though I bypassed it with a resistor!! I scanned it and these are the two codes I get P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Low and P0540 Intake Air Heater A Circuit. I am assuming these are because I did an EGR delete and didn't get it programmed yet. This shouldn't be causing the problem though right? Or does this year need a programmer to make it run after you do an EGR delete?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Those codes won't stop it from running. I don't have the pinout in front of me.., but the pair of wires moves to a spot where there is a single wire of the same color. The single wire moves over one spot to the left and is the outside row.

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
Hi ok I went back to the fuse box from the LBZ, I changed it back to my LB7 fuse box because the horn wouldn't stop blowing but it didn't stop anyway so I removed the fuse. Anyway so the wiring harness and fuse box is from the LBZ now so nothing should have to change wire wise on the C2 right? I took a picture but I have to figure out how to put it on this site so you can see the black block, maybe you can tell if there is a wire out of place or something.

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
I didn't get it figured out yet, any ideas? It's definitely a wiring issue. So I used the complete LBZ TCM/ECM wire harness as well as the fuse box so what wires should I have changed?

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
I didn't get it figured out yet, any ideas? It's definitely a wiring issue. So I used the complete LBZ TCM/ECM wire harness as well as the fuse box so what wires should I have changed?

No I do not, I have not done mine yet and I was following along hoping to learn from you!

I'm afraid anything I would add, would be incorrect and cause more confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
Does anyone have a diagram pinout of the C2 from an LBZ? This thing still starts great but only runs for 3 seconds every time then shuts off!! I double checked the wiring, the only thing I would like to check now is the C2 block. The other thing the truck is doing is the horn won't shut off without pulling the fuse!! I'm not sure what the heck thats all about!!!

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
The other thing I forgot to mention is that I changed the steering column out to the LBZ one as well.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
That could be the horn issue, polarity could be switched.

Reverse the wires at the horn itself, put the fuse back in, see if it honks as it should. Just a thought.

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
Ya I got the horn working, I tightened it to much when I put it in but its all good now. The dam thing runs nice for 3 seconds then shuts off, I made sure it wasn't an air in the fuel issue!! I was wondering if on the C100 connector when I removed C(brown wire) if that is doing something to shut the engine off? C says Ignition 3 Voltage.

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
I switched them around and still the same thing!! I know its something simple like that to!!! Its driving me crazy!!

drbird123

Jul 15, 2010
Hey guys I finally got her running!! I did the VATS again and away she went, I guess twice wasn't enough!! Anyway the only thing thats not working is to select the gears 1-6 when its in Manual Shift. It lights up but doesn't allow me to shift. So I did run a couple wires in the cab cause I wasn't sure I would need to add a wire for the Tap/shift since I changed the steering column and harness. Anyway which wire do I tap into to get this to work? Is it the purple loop wire on the brake light harness? I know the under hood fuse box end goes to the grey wire on the C100 connector but I'm not clear if its the purple loop wire or not.