lb7 throttle sensitivity

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I've been a busy beaver with this new truck. Tons of time and parts. This week was hydroboost, front wheel bearings, silicone motor mounts, and Fox front shocks. Parts are coming in like Christmas. LOL. At some point I have to get into the electrical code problems - tons of "U" codes... but you'd never know unless you pulled codes for S&G, as the truck drives without a hiccup!

Anyway, I'd like to get the throttle to have less sensitivity. I have the typical complaint that road dips and bumps cause slight foot/throttle movements and noticeable throttle/engine inputs. I sat here tonight and backed off 10% in the 10-50% TPS area of B0727. I haven't flashed it in yet to see if I'm on the right track. AM I on the right track? LOL. Any spoon fed script or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Any comments or humor about the new whip being a "titty bouncer" will also be appreciated if they are funny.

Best,
Wally

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
For tuning, typically too high fuel pressure in the light throttle areas can make it sensitive

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Killer Bee, lol. I remember him. I think someone got all butt hurt on his price markups about every week between the spring and the hot side Banks pipe IIRC too. Lol. I remember a water meth fogger in the intake too. Good times haha

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Killer Bee comes to mind. Lol. He made the springs for the lb7 and lily.
........aaaaaand they're still for sale to this day. :LOL:

Wally, go to the hardware store with the current spring on the pedal and match up a heavier one the same length. There ya go.
See this for the part number: https://www.duramaxforum.com/threads/99-05-accelerator-springs-upgrade-under-2-00.57431/

Wow...the names in that thread that bought one.

Last edited:
Reactions: N2BRK

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
There is 3 springs on the LB7, 2 torsion coiled around the main shaft, and one wave throttle return style. For my little bench setup, I removed all but the lightest coil, and moved that one up to a hole in the pedal to cut the rate. Made it supper easy by hand, but still has decent return.

I noticed that 100% WOT is at only about 3/4 of the actual pedal position. So guessing one could adjust the slopes the in tune file a bit. But ya can't changed the hi/lo values of the APP pots on the pedal. So second choice, is fiddle with those springs to find a spot ya can live with.

Reactions: N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks all - I’ll forego messing with the tune and I’ll try to respring the throttle this week :). KB, LMFAO.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I've always tuned it to reduce twitchiness. In my mind, it's easier to plug in a laptop than ness with springs. You're on the right track with your tune, and as was mentioned reducing fuel pressure slightly in the low throttle area will make it less responsive too.

Just be careful with fuel pressure or pulsewidth changes, as if you get too far off stock it starts to shift weird, then you have to back off the torque tables too, and it starts getting complicated.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: N2BRK and 2004LB7