Lb7 Stock appearing turbo

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Wasn't able to get the turbo on this weekend. Dyno shop ran out of time and couldn't squeeze me in for a pre-install run. Really fighting the down pipe bolts as well, broke a standard 12mm wrench and my flex-head ratcheting wrench in the process. Not a single bolt/nut broke loose. Soaked them with penetrating oil every day for the past week hoping that would help...it didn't.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Wasn't able to get the turbo on this weekend. Dyno shop ran out of time and couldn't squeeze me in for a pre-install run. Really fighting the down pipe bolts as well, broke a standard 12mm wrench and my flex-head ratcheting wrench in the process. Not a single bolt/nut broke loose. Soaked them with penetrating oil every day for the past week hoping that would help...it didn't.

HEAT! LOts of heat ,i used a 3/8 drive swivel head breaker bar rachet also ,Thats right! i said 3/8 drive not half inch ,the one with a plastic handle made by craftsman,if needed i used a pipe on that for more leverage and i got them all off no problem.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Did you have to take the heat shield off the down pipe first? Wrench with a cheater on it was all I could fit back there...I couldn't get a ratchet or breaker bar with a socket on it.

DuraGoode

Jan 27, 2010
That's my truck in the video very strong charger built by Dts everything David does is top notch work