Lb7 pressure in upper rad hose

01 Sierra 4.8

Dec 13, 2015
Hey looking for some knowledge, I have a 2002 dmax 265 000 km bought it with 200 000 on it a year and a half ago ppe xcelerator tuner on #3 120hp tune. Did the injectors last February no issues there none of the injectors cups came out checked everyone made sure they weren't disturbed, this has been going on for a couple months now but drive for the day upper rad hose is hard stays like that over night which got me thinking about head gaskets but there are no coolant leaks at all, not burning coolant, no coolant in the oil, no gases in the coolant and no bubbles in the reservoir. No loss of power at all not sure what's the issue here anyone have an idea ?

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx
One of my LB7's is doing the same thing. I know it's headgaskets. I'm just in denial:D

And you're not talking about a river in Egypt. ;)

OP as already stated several times this is the ole tale tell sign of the headgaskets going south on a Duramax. Depending on how bad they are you could actually keep driving it for quite sometime before actually having to tear in and change them out.

01 Sierra 4.8

Dec 13, 2015
I'm going to leave it until I get the gasket kit studs injector nozzles and a lift pump hopefully won't be too long

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
And you're not talking about a river in Egypt. ;)

OP as already stated several times this is the ole tale tell sign of the headgaskets going south on a Duramax. Depending on how bad they are you could actually keep driving it for quite sometime before actually having to tear in and change them out.

Haha! Nope;-) I've been driving it like that for close to a year now. I know it has to get done, and it will, but I need to put away funds so I can buy everything. In the winter months I keep topping it up with coolant and in the summer I use a 80/20 mix of water and coolant.