lb7 overhaul

SOUTHERNHEAT

Feb 15, 2011
01 6.6 new to site !!! lost oil pressure ,notice excess blow by. looking to overhaul built several gas burning hot rods never a diesel. should i purchase used one or overhaul. any help would be greatly preciated. 280,000 on engine

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
01 6.6 new to site !!! lost oil pressure ,notice excess blow by. looking to overhaul built several gas burning hot rods never a diesel. should i purchase used one or overhaul. any help would be greatly preciated. 280,000 on engine

Its up to you you have some miles on that one. It could be the oil pump that went out. You could pick up a used motor to swap back in or you could tear the one you have down and have the bore cleaned and or if needed overbore it and install new pistons and over haul it. I can get you about anything you need, I take it your leaving it stock or are you looking to build it up some for racing or pulling or anything down the road?

SOUTHERNHEAT

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks for helping ! I found a used one for 4gs 130xxx so they say. can i build one for that? how much different than gas burner to build? not gonna race it but i do like power that it had. I had a supertuner programmer (mild). thanks to everyone that can help in advance. :)

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
my vote is to rebuild but thats just me. . . .its faster to just swap in a newer one,but at the same time you dont know what you have untill you try to start it,then if you beat on it,it mite not last.
good luck on witch ever rout you go :thumb:

SOUTHERNHEAT

Feb 15, 2011
take it with a truck like that you have built a lb7. is it out of the question that i overhaul my self ? turned alot of wrenches just not on diesel ! is there any place to find all the tricks yall use to make it as simple as possible and run like crazy? oh yea awsome truck !!!!!!!!

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
My advice is to put in a used stocker then casually rebuild the original as parts and funds become available. It gets you back on the road and takes the pressure off to enjoy the rebuild. In the end you get a spare motor too. I have a spare motor, ally, and transfer case; not too worried about my truck being down for long.