LB7 Moded Turbo Intake Horns

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I agree with you dmaxvaz. I'm just trying to recoup, and you know the story of the last year and half. Sorry to run on about it (very bitter about it, however I need to move on). I guess I'm just thankful I am still alive and that wasn't taken from me too.

Guy at SoCal has helped out with keeping thing goings. My hat is off to him for saving the SD products that are still available. PPE is a vendor. I never sold any of my rights of products.

Thanks much Trent and Jacob (and all you other great folks that saved me). You all (customers) made SD products what it became. I must appologize for the intermission I've had (it wasn't in my control or my choice). It shows just how easy it is to have the time of your life and the worst time of your life all at the same time (roller coaster extreme). The next move I think will be to start increasing the durability and life cycle of these wonder machines were blessed to have available at the power level we enjoy driving them at. Summer time is right around the corner. Time to get it on! WHAT SAY YOU?!?!

CancerPipe

Aug 8, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Mike i got bored and sanded/polished up the inside of the horn tonite. Lol wont get to try it out for a few weeks, but it should be worth the wait. You already had it smoothed up pretty well inside. :D

Attachments

• IMG00041.jpg
    IMG00041.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG00043.jpg
    IMG00043.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 106

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
Mike i got bored and sanded/polished up the inside of the horn tonite. Lol wont get to try it out for a few weeks, but it should be worth the wait. You already had it smoothed up pretty well inside. :D

wow you really polished it. mothers and a mini magic ball? that is what we use on snowmobiles for people, takes all the extra work out of it, haha. looks good man

CancerPipe

Aug 8, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I used a cheap little black and decker polishing set for a drill. 20 bucks at home depot. And the three inch paddle wheel set 150 and 60 grit. A wood bit extension helps with the reach. Didn't take long, maybe an hour and a half with 2 beers. Just thought I would do it to see how well it turned out.

CancerPipe

Aug 8, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I managed to get it on before driving it to the mechanic this afternoon. Sounds nice. It got rid of my lag on the freeway in 6th gear. Thanks Mike:D. Have the core out to you 2maro or next week.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
well I got the horn installed today :) for us lb7 cali emission guys what a royal PITA . I can tell you this much it certainly has more balls . low and mid end is great . I have edge w/att on setting 4 with defuel at 4-5 shift I think i limped the tranny for the very first time . pulled a P0746 and P0700 , I haven't looked it up yet but I assume its the infamous limp mode. I would like to thank Michael for a great mod . now I need to call another Mike and start saving for a suncoast kit.... oh ya another note after pulling the horn off my gasket was toast and I wasnt sure what to use to seal it , I called Michael on the phone and left a message and he got right back to me excellent service .

Craig

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
stuck shift valve huh???????? wonder why it did it just after doing the mod and beating on it

ChevyDealer

Dec 12, 2008
Missouri
Feedback

Definitely would do this mod again. More Turbo whistle w/ the metal AFE Stage II Intake tube (which had already added some). Just about perfect, anymore would be annoying with the radio off. Crisper off idle and pulls better off the bottom. I picked up 1.5 lbs of peak boost after the Intercooler. I had to put a new gasket on since the old one tore apart. The part number is 97318441 and it is $5.50. Took about 1 hour and 15 minutes counting dropping a bolt in the valley and going to the parts department after my guys had gone home and the computers turned off to find the gasket. Great Job SuperDiesel!!!

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I did the mod

definetly more turbo whistle seems like I gained some spool and some power

I don't know if this is for sure but it seems like the cooling fan is running less on the highway

John Noonan

Land Speed bike racer
Sep 24, 2008
Huntington Beach Cal.
Well since my truck is apart I also ordered one from Mick, very quick returning PM's and great communication, I look forward to seeing if it changes anything..

Besides, since the truck is 100% stock I will have my first mod for a signature line..:bow:

:laughing4:

John

Last edited:

DHERC

Jun 25, 2011
Lb7 intake horn mod

Hey superdiesel I was wondering if you still had the 4 modified horn? And how much it would be?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Hey superdiesel I was wondering if you still had the 4 modified horn? And how much it would be?

not sure if you looked at the date but this is a old thread. Michael does not get online much these days be best calling and leavingba voice mail.