LB7 / LLY Dsp5

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
is there any chance that we could have the same tables available in the dsp5 tunes as are available in the dsp2 tunes? Also, on the LLY's, instead of the target vane position tables being available on the dsp tunes, could we have the ability to change max vane "C" tables on each individual dsp switch position? Reason being for the ability to change the max vane table, it seems no matter what we put in the target tables, it seems like the max vane tables are followed instead, thus the target table is more or less wasted space.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
X3 the target tables never did anything for me and adjusting the max without the use of DSP 5 is time consuming:D

If its not hard to change it would be nice

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I'd like:

B2206 desired boost
B2224 turbo vane max "C"
B0728 max injected fuel warm
B0720 PW
B0721 PW
B0727 TBIQ
B0910 Timing C Base
B0929 Injection Timing after Pilot D
B0744 torque limited C
B1105 base torque C
B1001 Fuel Pressure Base

Really the only changes I'd want is turbo vane C max rather than the target table and Max injected fuel while warm :hello:

The history of DSP was that we asked our BETA testers to come up with the major parameters that they used for tuning and then write them into a custom OS. Obviously different people had different views and that given the small amount of space available to write such a program comprimizes needed to be made.

That coupled with the advancement of Duramax tuning over the last 3 years has lead us to this point. What was "ideal" or workable 3 years ago no longer meets the needs of some users.

At this point of time our DSP parameters are fixed. They cannot be changed quickly or easily, and in terms of development DSP for LBZ/LMM takes a higher priority. Ross is happy to review what is available when our new software V8 comes out. It has the ability to reduce the workload required to develop such customized applications. That said, we will never get into a situation where the user chooses what parameters they want in their DSP application - our software is dynamic, but not that dynamic.

Cheers
Cindy