LB7, LLY Accelerator springs

Killerbee

Got Honey?
It is just a replacement spring to replace the weak one presently on the accelerator. The pedal has 2 springs, a torsion spring and an extension spring. There is more than one spring because failure of both would mean WOT conditions and no way to stop the truck. The extension spring on these trucks is wholly worthless, and doesn't resist the user, or supply any real travel feel. By adding 20-30 lb/in to the spring rate, and making it more progressive, a more controlled feel is restored to the operator.

A number of times I have experienced when going over bumps, the weight of your leg causes these engine cycling feedback runups that are just plain irritating. This does away with that, as well as reduces the leg fatique from driving without cruise control. IOW, it allows you to drive with the right foot more at rest, and more resistance keeps those runups reduced. The best way to say it is it makes the truck feel more intelligent, more controlled, if that helps.

I spec'd these springs and have some extras. I will send one out to a few people who want to try it. Just pm me your address. As long as you post your experience with it, there is no cost, unless you want to pay for it.

M: is the medium spring that will be what most people will be happy with long term. Stock tune
H: is for the heavy boot driver, or the bumpy road, or the HOT tune.

They are also sized correctly for the application. The H spring is a little tough to get on, but needlenose pliers usually works unless you are a real lightweight.
smile.gif
Worst case, you need to pull the pedal off, but in most cases, not.

GCncsuHD

Go Pack
Aug 21, 2008
Statesville/Raleigh NC
Great idea, this was one of my first mod's on my truck, and I am doing it to my brothers truck over the weekend probably, made it so much easier to control driving over speed bumps. My guess is my spring is close to your "H" as it was pretty tough to get on, and am a "heavy boot driver".

Last edited:

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa
i would love to try one of these i hate looking like a kid trying to show off in a parking lot cause the trottle is so touchy:rofl::rofl::cool2:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Just an update on this.......

I installed the H spring in my truck and I love it. The pedal control is 100x better and would recommend this to everyone.

Thanks Micheal for the spring:hug:

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
It is just a replacement spring to replace the weak one presently on the accelerator. The pedal has 2 springs, a torsion spring and an extension spring. There is more than one spring because failure of both would mean WOT conditions and no way to stop the truck. The extension spring on these trucks is wholly worthless, and doesn't resist the user, or supply any real travel feel. By adding 20-30 lb/in to the spring rate, and making it more progressive, a more controlled feel is restored to the operator.

A number of times I have experienced when going over bumps, the weight of your leg causes these engine cycling feedback runups that are just plain irritating. This does away with that, as well as reduces the leg fatique from driving without cruise control. IOW, it allows you to drive with the right foot more at rest, and more resistance keeps those runups reduced. The best way to say it is it makes the truck feel more intelligent, more controlled, if that helps.

I spec'd these springs and have some extras. I will send one out to a few people who want to try it. Just pm me your address. As long as you post your experience with it, there is no cost, unless you want to pay for it.

M: is the medium spring that will be what most people will be happy with long term. Stock tune
H: is for the heavy boot driver, or the bumpy road, or the HOT tune.

They are also sized correctly for the application. The H spring is a little tough to get on, but needlenose pliers usually works unless you are a real lightweight.
smile.gif
Worst case, you need to pull the pedal off, but in most cases, not.

I'd like a heavy spring if you please.

Last edited by a moderator:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Worth while upgrade, Thanks, K.B. :hug:

I originally typed a long winded response that did not post, so the qoute above was my quick repsonse out of frustration. I figure after you took the time to mail me a spring free of charge I should atleast give some feed back..;) Ok, to the point, The spring change takes literally 2 minutes, I believe I recieved the H-spring? IMO, it could be even stronger but it is still a improvement over stock. The day I switched the spring I was towing the goosneck on a tow tune and the throttle controll was much improved, The next day I bumped the power back up to the 350 tune and the throttle response once again was improved but still to touchy for my liking. I dont forsee anyone complaining about the 'h' spring being to strong even if they freeway drive 90% of the time.. Thanks again...

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
i got one, like others have said it makes it less touchy from a dead stop and you cant even tell the difference any other time. thanks KB

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Need one for my friends LLY , will definitley post results, his pedal is wayyy touchy compared to mine, i dont like it.

Thanks!! I'd be more than happy to pay ya postage.