LB7 into 8.1L swap?

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I am in desperate need of a 4 door truck, but currently own a 04 rclb Duramax. Everybody wants crazy prices for 4 door diesels around here, so picking up another 4 door diesel is out of the question right now. I can pick up fully loaded 8.1's and 6.0's with 120-170k on the clock for around $6-8k. You can probably see what I'm getting at.... What's needed, and will it cost me to swap my LB7 and allison into a gas 2500? What would be the best gas truck to start with? Thanks!

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
With the donor truck and all, I would think it is pretty straight forward. I read a thread where a guy did it and said he just put in the duramax mounts, and dash.... he said everything else was plugged and play for the most part. I just wanted some more input, as he wasn't really detailed.

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
Have you tried contacting Eric at duraburb. He is the conversion guru. To do what you are doing, or buy salvaged is the cheapest. Because My family only does salvaged I could get a rebuilt title LLY-LMM for 8-12k total expense. I think you are better off in your case doing the Duramax swap since you want to stay with the lb7.