LB7 Intake Heater

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
i ordered my delete plug from Kennedy today. I will see how it goes. I just need to find a way to stop the code simce im running the PPE. Guess i can just delete it when its cold out.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
i put the plug in today...very easy to do. That heater coil is pretty damn big too :eek: I drilled the plug and tapped it for a 1/8 NPT and put in a 1" nipple and hooked my boost gauge up to it. I also unhooked to wire from the glow plug controller to the intake heater coil. I started it and didnt get a code but it was warm out. I will see how it goes. Im still seeing roughly 30 PSI of boost just as i was seeing when it was in the wastegate line.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
i put the plug in today...very easy to do. That heater coil is pretty damn big too :eek: I drilled the plug and tapped it for a 1/8 NPT and put in a 1" nipple and hooked my boost gauge up to it. I also unhooked to wire from the glow plug controller to the intake heater coil. I started it and didnt get a code but it was warm out. I will see how it goes. Im still seeing roughly 30 PSI of boost just as i was seeing when it was in the wastegate line.

Make sure you tape those wires up real good, there is alot of voltage that runs to those wires

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Make sure you tape those wires up real good, there is alot of voltage that runs to those wires

Travis
no need ,he removed the wire completly;)
FWIW I did the same thing