LB7 injectors

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
what would cause the injector balance to go crazy in drive but in park or neutral its fine 1.2 in park and goes up to like 15 in drive?

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
In drive there is a load in engine, there for asking for fuel, so injectors ate told to send more fuel and FPR opens more to maintain RP. Your one injector is ok at idle but once it's told to give more fuel and it can't then the fuel is bypassed thus giving you your current rates.

Hope that helps

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
not my truck a widows husbands old truck wanted me to look it over and sell it for her truck hasnt been driven much in the past couple years so i changed all the filters and noticed a haze at idil bluish tested injectors all with in spec for balanace rates except one when i put it in drive it goes crazy. checked compression on all cylinders and all seem good. no fuel in oil either. fugured to drive it more and see whats going on if it works itself out or not. added 2 stroke oil also to see if any difference nothing but more smoke. run a tank and see what happens.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
In drive there is a load in engine, there for asking for fuel, so injectors ate told to send more fuel and FPR opens more to maintain RP. Your one injector is ok at idle but once it's told to give more fuel and it can't then the fuel is bypassed thus giving you your current rates.

Hope that helps

i understand the testing procedure but never ran into a problem like this before it just keep climbing all otheres stayed within spec also.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
put some diesel kleen in it, a fresh tank of fuel and run it around for a week and see what happens. if the same tank of fuel has set for that long, im sure its not helping you