LB7 - Injector ?

C-Power

wanna be puller
Nov 1, 2009
Hicksville, Oh
not sayin anything about you RKTMech......... but all the pensicola injectors we've ever dealt with are junk........ pure junk...... id never tell any one to buy them.......actually there are alot of threads on every forum (maybe not this one) that say stay away from pensicola........

id go with some from a site sponser (if there are any that sell them here idk b/c i havent looked at the sponsers)

but if pensicola's been good to you then by all means use them, id never think about it,

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
not sayin anything about you RKTMech......... but all the pensicola injectors we've ever dealt with are junk........ pure junk...... id never tell any one to buy them.......actually there are alot of threads on every forum (maybe not this one) that say stay away from pensicola........

id go with some from a site sponser (if there are any that sell them here idk b/c i havent looked at the sponsers)

but if pensicola's been good to you then by all means use them, id never think about it,

Thanks for the info, i'll do a little more investigation. Not trying to under cut anyone here if they refurbish injectors also, just something i heard about and gave them a chance.:thumb: What problems have you run into with them if you dont mind me asking?

C-Power

wanna be puller
Nov 1, 2009
Hicksville, Oh
us personally on the ones we've installed for ppl were spray pattern, angles are terrible, the nozzles are junk and clog and crack, w/ the bad spray angle they get hot..... other ppl have had alot of the same problems as we have, the injectors also dont spray everytime like they should they miss alot.......

i just want to make sure you understand i was in no way picking on you i just wanted to toss my knowledge out there......:thumb:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
us personally on the ones we've installed for ppl were spray pattern, angles are terrible, the nozzles are junk and clog and crack, w/ the bad spray angle they get hot..... other ppl have had alot of the same problems as we have, the injectors also dont spray everytime like they should they miss alot.......

i just want to make sure you understand i was in no way picking on you i just wanted to toss my knowledge out there......:thumb:

Dont worry, I'm good. I'm here learning about other peoples experiences too.....You guys do bench/flow testing where ur at?

C-Power

wanna be puller
Nov 1, 2009
Hicksville, Oh
i pressure tested them at school some were good some werent, the ones i tested were cummins, and chevy 6.5 turbo diesel injectors, i've never dealt w/ thier d-max injectors,

we knew the injectors were bad the trucks ran worse on them then they did stockers :mad:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
watchin this thread....... i need to do mine.......68skylark455 pm me a price on those nozzles....... im interested......if the guy above doesnt get them.....

I have used a place down here to send the injectors out to be tested and/or rebuilt and have had great luck. They send them up to a company in Detroit (one of only a handful of Bosch certified testers) and they do an opening pressure test and a leak down test and rebuild them if necessary.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Befrore anyone goed to dig into their truck injector deep, I suggest a subscription to Alldata. Much better then a paperback manual as includes all service manual updates, bulletins, specs and time guides. I use alldata pro here at the shop.