LB7 - Injector ?

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
How hard is it to change out an injector? I took my truck to the dealership this morning and they called to tell me that the #7 injector had failed due to over fueling and it would not be covered under the 200,000/7yr warrenty and for them to change 1 injector it would be around $1,440.00. That just sounded rediculous to me.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
over fueled??? :confused: My ass!

But yeah, it's a chore and buying a new injector isn't cheap either. That price doesn't seem to far out of line really assuming it includes the price of the injector. Pretty much same amount of work whether they are replacing one or all four on one side.

Best of luck.

C-ya

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
There invoice they gave me says #7 Over Fueling, and they tested it to see if it would hold pressure and it did so it did not qualify for the warranty work.

Thanks for the help.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
the price is close. I am in San Angelo and called yesterday for a price for an 04 LB7 and it had a list of $319.00 plus $100.00 core charge until I brought the old one back. Labor is 7-10 hrs I think. I will check tomorrow for exact book times.I am removing all 8 on Blackie this weekend.:D to go bigger.

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
I know I can replace it myself, I've just never worked on a diesel before. Hell I've done just about every thing you can do to a small block in the driveway that I can do myself.

I appreciate everyones input and help, and Larry I used to live in SA for 6 years.

I think I'm either gonna just buy one new one from Chad at Alligator or save up for a couple of weeks and buy the 50hp set.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
I know I can replace it myself, I've just never worked on a diesel before. Hell I've done just about every thing you can do to a small block in the driveway that I can do myself.

I appreciate everyones input and help, and Larry I used to live in SA for 6 years.

I think I'm either gonna just buy one new one from Chad at Alligator or save up for a couple of weeks and buy the 50hp set.

Thats what we are pulling out. They are DDP 50hp tips.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
These are the original injectors for this truck so yes they will-I don't know if LB7 is different from LMM though.

They are different , non of the Duramax years will interchange besides the LBZ/LMM , LB7 and LLY are different from each other .

To the OP , if you have the $ do your self a favor and do all 4 on that side while your in there , I know it sucks but there are good chances that if you do 1 you will have another start to give you problems soon after .

Last edited:

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
What kind of time frame am I looking at for changing all 8 injectors? I'm not worried about being down a couple of days since I have a company truck to drive, just wondering if 2 people can do this over a weekend.

Last edited:

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
What kind of time frame am I looking at for changing all 8 injectors? I'm not worried about being down a couple of days since I have a company truck to drive, just wondering if 2 people can do this over a weekend.

Probably if you've done one before. Some of the valve cover bolts can be hard to get to in the truck. You also have to remove a bunch of crap to get to them. Just be slow and careful and you should be able to do it in a weekend. Take lots of pics as you disassemble trust me! You will need them later:thumb:

C-Power

wanna be puller
Nov 1, 2009
Hicksville, Oh
watchin this thread....... i need to do mine.......68skylark455 pm me a price on those nozzles....... im interested......if the guy above doesnt get them.....

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
For all the guys that are going stock injectors, Pensacola Fuel Injection sells full inj kits all gaskets and seals needed (except for inj cup o-rings) for $1300, I've told a few cust. at my dealer about them and they came back with the kits and I installed with no problems. They sell on e-bay and direct. Labor should be in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 hours a side from a shop, and 2 days should cover a first timer, no rushing and check things 3 times before moving on, and use a torque wrench, its the one that goes clicky.:hug::thumb: