LB7 Help! No Start After...

chipper2004

Dec 19, 2013
I recently bought an 04 2500HD with the LB7. Had a blown head gasket on the passenger rear but ran fine. I replaced the gaskets and installed ARP studs. I cleaned the injectors because rust had fell into the inlets from the lines, also cleaned the lines. Finished up the job and fired right up but was blowing white smoke like crazy. Checked the balance rates and three of the injectors were above 5.0. Also fuel was leaking into the oil, assuming past the rings. I ordered a set of reman injectors from DCP out of Tenn. Replaced the injectors with new return line washers and torqued everything to spec. Also replaced glow plugs & relay and all the rubber fuel hoses. Now will not start...cranks over and never hits. The primer will get hard and fuel will gush out when depressed. Spin it over and primer will get soft. Tried cracking the first line on the drivers side at the rail and spin over and I am getting fuel there. Watching the Rail Pressure with my genesis and it shows 50psi... spinning over will reach around 450 psi then will drop back to 50 when released. Have checked all my hose connections and I don't see any leaks. Just hoping its not an injector. Oil level is not rising now. Thinking of capping off each injector one at a time to see if it will start and narrow it down? Any ideas?

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Can you elaborate on how you cleaned the injectors? And what's the rates at now?

Sent from a greasy hand under the hood of my buddys truck.

chipper2004

Dec 19, 2013
The injectors that are in it now are a reman set. I cleaned the others out of the truck if that's what your asking. It will not run now, can you check the balance rates just with it spinning over?

franks71vw

Sep 25, 2013
Seems system has air, keep cranking and let starter cool, read somewhere that once you reach 600psi she will turn over seems your almost there... Also make sure all fuses etc are good to go.. Took me about 20 mins cranking on and off to get mine going...

chipper2004

Dec 19, 2013
I haven't had much time to play with it but today I tried again and still haven't got it to hit. All fuses are good. I checked power to the fuel ecm and power is good. Im not getting power to my injectors but I think its because the rail pressure isn't high enough? I took the return hose off at the quick connector and ran a hose into a gallon jug and just with me pumping the primer it is trickling fuel out of the return, seems like one of my injectors is leaking off the return side? Ive put a call in to the place I bought them from and am waiting for the "tech guy" to return my call...

Shearn

Jan 6, 2014
Fuel lose of prime

Hi I'm new to this but really need some help I have a 04 duramax 2500 hd and it won't start it has bully dog programmer ats copilot tranny control cold air industrial injectors and won't start happened recently my tuner says fuel injector cylinder 4&5 stuck open fuel rail group a&b stuck open and air something stuck open I can has rag it to start but runs like crap and sometimes does at low idle can someone please help ?