LB7 has a fever????

ZBMax

Feb 18, 2009
So my 01 LB7 keeps getting hot. I was driving home from work yesterday and the water temp kept goin up. I turned the heat on and blew hot air for a few seconds than was just cold air. Seemed like that made matters worse cuz the temp rose more after that. The truck did not overheat and has new headgaskets, new water pump and new thermostats. I tested the thermostats and they are good. Any ideas??! Bad heater core or radiator??? If I don't use the heat the temp stays cooler but not where she has been all winter long.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
i just bght a lb7 from jeff dean and he had just replaced water pump and when i drove it home it started doing the same exact thing. he let me bring it back to him and he took a look at it and the new water pump had went bad again only one side would spin and he said that he had heard of a few other lb7 doing this following water pump replacement. jeff put on new pump and its good to go now

ZBMax

Feb 18, 2009
Work was done 2months ago. Orginal radatior and the thermostats are 180deg. I never flushed the rad out but I replaced the motor and had all new coolant so

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i just bght a lb7 from jeff dean and he had just replaced water pump and when i drove it home it started doing the same exact thing. he let me bring it back to him and he took a look at it and the new water pump had went bad again only one side would spin and he said that he had heard of a few other lb7 doing this following water pump replacement. jeff put on new pump and its good to go now

X2 my guess is the water pump .

ZBMax

Feb 18, 2009
How many bolts hold the pump in the housing?? Well I mean how many bolts hold the whole thing to the motor??:confused:

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
x3 on the water pump, i replaced mine and not even a week later had to do it again, bought a reman from napa and the larger impeller had actually spun off the shaft, put a brand new one on it next and haven't had anymore problems

ZBMax

Feb 18, 2009
Well I must have a custom 2piece water pump. I will post the pics up shortly. The water propeller came off the shaft that connects to the gear drive thingymajigggy side.....:thumb: