LB7: LB7 hard/slow start when hot?

GCncsuHD

Go Pack
Aug 21, 2008
Statesville/Raleigh NC
so ive been having a problem with my LB7 for the past couple months, it starts great when its cold, but if i drive it for a while, get it hot, then cut it off, and come back to it 30min-hr later it takes a long time to start 5-10sec even more sometimes

i wouldnt suspect its losing prime on the fuel system since it still starts up super fast when its cold, any idea what it is?

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
When they lose prime they don't start after sitting (over night) usually.
Hard hot starts is a sign of bad injectors. One day soon it will not start!
See #'s 1 & 2 in my sig.
and
:welcome8: to the forum.

GCncsuHD

Go Pack
Aug 21, 2008
Statesville/Raleigh NC
thanks, ive been lurking for a while, just havent posted much yet,

injectors were my first thought,
i have PPE standard, and have checked my balance rates at idle, seemed well within tolerances, didnt check while driving though, NO white/gray smoke yet, oil level doesnt seem to be rising, although there is a faint smell of diesel, but im not sure if that is just soot and stuff from being 3000mi+ oil, doesnt make a halo once i put some on a paper towel though,

i just want to be sure the injectors are going bad before i go to the dealer, i would hate to pay them $80 to tell me theres nothing wrong with my injectors,

truck has 120k on stock injectors (as far as i know), although as soon as they finally go out i plan to go back with a lift pump and extra filters for a little additional insurance after i have new injectors

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
You can have good balance rates and bad injectors. Balance rates are only checked at idle, as soon as you touch the peddle they level-out.
Sometimes you only get one symptom. It should be enough to get the injectors replaced.
Don't forget to load the stock tune back in before you head for the dealer.