Lb7 fuel leak on passenger side

JudeH

Jan 18, 2022
the nuts on the high-pressure fuel lines that are on the fuel rail and feed to the injectors were torqued down to 25 ft-lbs. are they supposed to be 30 ft-lbs? I don't know why I said lbs-pounds lol

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
30 lb/ft sounds right. but you can't really check that by just throwing a torque wrench on it as you would have to overcome the breakaway torque. if you where getting movement at less the 30 lb/ft then they were definitely loose. I'm pretty sure I had to go higher then spec on mine to get them to seal but mine where also used so that may have played a part. feel free to go a little tighter if needed but don't remove or loosen them or risk getting rust contamination in the injector

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
may be the fuel lines at the CP3 leaking into the valley of the engine and running back. look down the center of the engine and see if there is fuel there. it's happened to several other members here

JudeH

Jan 18, 2022
the valley didn't seem very wet. I have a new cp3 and the hoses look pretty new, but I'll give it another look.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
when I look under the truck it is running down the back of the engine, passenger side.
more detail please. from the center of the block as if its out the valley? off the side of a head?

you will need to pull the inner fender out to get a good look.

JudeH

Jan 18, 2022
more detail please. from the center of the block as if its out the valley? off the side of a head?

you will need to pull the inner fender out to get a good look.
the fuel is running on the back of the block but it's leaking more on the passenger side of it. Not down the middle where the valley is. I dont think its coming from the valley. It looked like it was leaking on top of the valve cover right under the fuel rail. looked like the fuel was dripping down the valve cover and then off the passenger up pipe that is connected to the EGR cooler. This is a California truck, so it does have all the EGR crap

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The fuel pressure sensor is at the very back of the rail. i would check that for any fuel coming out of it or from the threads.

if you had a means of increasing rail pressure to 160mpa or easily unplugging the FPR while its idling, you will quickly find a high pressure fuel leak.

Either way, get a flash light and start crawling all over back there with it running so you can find the leak. im betting its either the sensor or fuel line at the rail.

JudeH

Jan 18, 2022
the pressure sensor isn't on the back of the rail. I thought that is on the junction block

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
the pressure sensor isn't on the back of the rail. I thought that is on the junction block
yeah, for the LB7 the sensor is on the junction block, along with the relief valve and some high pressure lines. there is also the return line from the cp3 that runs down the center to the back and over the driver side