LB7 Drop-In's

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No, an actual turbo map. Paper sheet showing it’s efficiency range within lbs/h and p/r

CHEZELTINE

Dec 16, 2013
BOISE, ID
Glad its behaving now Curt:thumb:
Thanks, Albert. I'll have to bring it by one of these days and let you drive it.

I was going to keep this info to myself, but decided that wasn't fair to the community. If someone buys one of these make sure to check two things before installing, the actuator rod and the compressor cover clocking. After I had the pig in and buttoning up everything, I found my new WCFab hot pipe with straight boots didn't want to line up very well. Investigation and long story short, the compressor housing is clocked about 2 degrees down compared to oem. No big deal but makes my OCD a little upset and the hot pipe now sits on my brake line that runs on top of the frame as well as the straight boot at the compressor outlet won't sit evenly between the flanges. As for the actuator rod, there was zero preload on the gate so upon first test drive, wouldn't build above 12lbs. Popped the e-clip off and found that out. Put four turns on the rod and actually had to put air to the actuator to get the rod back on the gate. Builds 22-25 lbs all day now(where it should be for the tune I'm running).

Anyway, nothing major, just a pita and I wanted the info out there in case someone buys one of these.

And yes, I absolutely agree, I wish the drop-in builders would provide data spec sheets like the big brand turbo manufacturers do, instead of "this turbo is capable of numbers." Would make purchasing so much easier. But if we had those numbers, there'd be companies not selling any drop-ins.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
But if we had those numbers, there'd be companies not selling any drop-ins.

i wouldnt believe that. the problem is, too many people are just ok with see what the actual turbo is capable of and think when they put it on, they get those numbers right out the gate and the fact that they believe everyone when it "spools just like stock" which is such a crock. Alot of the gasser world has maps to go with the modded stock chargers or aftermarket chargers. The way these guys see it that sell the diesel drop ins is, if people are buying them and liking them, why spend the money on data for a map? waste of revenue to them. Too few of people think like we do here.

CHEZELTINE

Dec 16, 2013
BOISE, ID
What I meant was, if they supplied data sheets, we could see which turbos were better, in turn the companies with lesser numbers wouldn't be selling theirs. But yes, you are correct on the revenue aspect. My truck runs exactly the way it did with the stock ihi, but I'm on stock fuel with a conservative tune. Now, if it had the fuel and trans to max this turbo out, I imagine it would be more laggy than a stock ihi in the same scenario.