Lb7 current 67mm drop in vs s400

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Latley my brains been a pinball machine on what direction I should go. Initially I had bought my stealth 67 with the intentions to build an engine and eventually go compounds. Ideally I'd like to keep the SBE in it for as long as the rods let me but all of a sudden I have the itch to try out a s467.7, just don't know what wheels, exhaust housing etc. Truck is a seasonal toy, still works when it needs to but primarily gets beaten like a red headed step child. Old girl made 650rw on tune 4/runs high 11s. 5 makes about 100rw more but I've yet to run it. Last year I added 65 overs, dual fuelers etc, then later in the season I swapped to a goerend R. Not all too sure but would a 467 would work well with that converter? A big concern is when I do need to hook to a trailer will it still be able to do 10k without crazy high egts? The stealth comes to life easily, does everything i need it to do and sounds killer. I'm torn between changing but my all time biggest concern other than towing is although my tunes are "de-torqued" that at this charger still lights quick and puts more strain on the bottom end at my level rather than a bigger frame charger would. Flow wise I'd imagine is gain a bit of midrange and high end while losing a little down low, but once again figured I'd ask the experts. Always had the goal set of running 11s full weight etc, that goals been met so ideally i don't want the truck to be slower lol. Although sound doesn't matter, I think one of the most difficult things to give up is the whistle at idle so if I can find a wheel combo to keep that I think it'd make the transition a little easier

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I would stay with what you have, as it still does what you need it to.
X2 unless you go with a ball bearing unit, it won’t spool as good. You’re basically getting a larger turbine with the S400 and will make it lazier but more efficient

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
I would stay with what you have, as it still does what you need it to.
That's kinda what I was thinking however if it takes some strain off the bottom end I feel like it may be worth it

X2 unless you go with a ball bearing unit, it won’t spool as good. You’re basically getting a larger turbine with the S400 and will make it lazier but more efficient
There is one I've been trying to find the info on for months. I believe Trent/eprwas testing a precision turbo on an lb7 however I've never been able to find the info on it so I'm left in the dark on that one. I know BB cartridges tend to have to be driven hotter so that's a questionable thing as far as towing. However if it does get twins I definitely will be going BB

I've asked this question before with my 72vgt wanting to goto a 467.7 and was told my 72 won't be as lazy. I run a Limitless 2300 stall.
I'm glad I'm not the same one in this situation lol converter wise I think there's a 100 rpm difference between our converters. Considering it's got maybe 1500mi on the new converter I just don't want to re-stall it again. Next time trans is in need of a refresh I wouldn't be opposed to it though but who knows if the engine will outlive the fresh trans build lol

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
You're probably not going to notice the difference in spool that a ball bearing cartridge would make. However, if budget is no concern or you are the type of guy to not sacrifice anything, go for it. A lot of that type stuff is subjective, meaning if it feels like it makes a difference in your head, then it did. There's rarely a chance to test that type of stuff

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
You're probably not going to notice the difference in spool that a ball bearing cartridge would make. However, if budget is no concern or you are the type of guy to not sacrifice anything, go for it. A lot of that type stuff is subjective, meaning if it feels like it makes a difference in your head, then it did. There's rarely a chance to test that type of stuff

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I definitely appreciate that feedback, simply put I'm still a child at heart and like the whistle bb give off, just can't find the data on what Trent was testing. Unfortunately I don't cheap out on parts, I'd much rather stick to the buy once cry once mentality and have something quality. The current turbo isn't bad, just been thinking if I can prolong the engine build and maybe go a little faster in the process it may be a win win