LB7: Lb7 carnage again.....

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Well i just cant beat this freaking engine idk if it was lack of lubrication or too much rpm for the bearings i used but the pictures and story will start here as i tear it down this week. This has been the 3rd and final push to get an entirely different block and go full lly drivetrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
5b4216321d46e1ceaee227a9e99e71a2.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I hate to ask this, b/c its got to be painful, but just what RPM were you running? What bearings? What oil pump?

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I hate to ask this, b/c its got to be painful, but just what RPM were you running? What bearings? What oil pump?

Well. 4900 rpm
Melling replacement oil pump and mahle h bearings
Had about 2k miles on it and getting on i40 she just lost oil pressure but not enough to set the light. I was running 80 mph at 20psi and i didnt notice how low till i got off about 5 miles later and came to the stop sign and it dinged. I immediately killed it and called my shop hand to bring a trailer. Unloaded it and it had a miss, pulled balance rates and checked the oil, it was full of diesel and 7 was at +14 so we replaced that injector. Dumped lucas additive in with fresh oil, Drove good for 3 days then it started making a scratching noise that brought me to this point.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
It hurts but nothing is forever and learing in this game is expensive. Lly or lbz swap sounds more logical at this point.

Everything of value besides the block is in good working order. I just wish the block and crank didnt need to be replaced lol. Callies crank has some scratches but its savable which has me sold for future engines

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
So it cracked an injector? What turbo were you running to need 4900rpm?

I guess i should be more specific in my word choice. I built with plans to go high hp in the future. It never saw over 3600 on the highway which has been all of its miles in the last 2 weeks. The only time its seen 5 was when the trans let go in the first week lol