LB7: LB7 Batmowheel Review

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
HAHA! Got it out! Figured out to reach the front two bolts by going strait down from the top, right behind the front of the turbo housing.
DAMN!! That turbo is freaking HEAVY!! Now just need to spend a little time splitting the turbo, swapping the wheel and put it aaaaalllllllllll back together! Should go back together much quicker than it came apart.
Thanks again for answering the questions that I had!!

Glad you got it out; they are a heavy little package:D.
I crouched over top my engine to get mine out.

Yellowchevy

sb62nova

Jan 14, 2012
Long story short . I love the bmw. Good pull down low , sounds good. If I did it again I'd pull the turbo .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
I've wondered that myself if the Batmowheel would add much more power.

Yellowchevy

so i am curious to know what you are porting and polishing on the turbo? is it just the front cover? or are you getting into the exhaust side as well? or is it a secret :secret:?

REW_388

Jun 2, 2012
Richmond, MO
I didnt balance mine and have had zero issues (knock on wood) although i have seen several posts where the wheel just grenaded the turbo cuz it was out of balance. If i did it over again id balance mine just to be safe. Just about any diesel performance shop could blance it i would think or could atleast point you in the direction of a shop who can.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Russell will be rebuilding, port/polishing, and throwing a batmowheel on my turbo when he gets it this next week. Stoked to see how this and the 480 wheel will do for power and spool up!

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
James are you putting you tweeked stock turbo and the new 480 wheel in at the same time or are you going to do one and then the other to compare?
I have a stocker on the shelf that im wanting to rebuild and throw a batmo wheel in also.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well I can hold off on the 480 for a while and give you some feed back if you want bagged? I wasnt gunna do it straight away anyhow. Right now this god damn stock turbo is kicking my ass in trying to get it out.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Well I can hold off on the 480 for a while and give you some feed back if you want bagged? I wasnt gunna do it straight away anyhow. Right now this god damn stock turbo is kicking my ass in trying to get it out.

Mine was a real bitch last time I had to pull it too :mad: that's why I'm waiting til I drop my trans again to do the batmo and downpipe ;)

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
And for everyone who's worried about balancing the turbo after wheel swap I ran this wheel for 20k before I got around to replacing it so IMO its not as big of an issue as everyone says, but then again my truck has lived through a slew of things that shoulda killed it (knock on wood)

picture.php
picture.php

And something tells me this wheel was FAR from balanced. Not trying to imply that I don't think having it balanced is a good idea if you have the means to do so, I just don't think its the end of the world if you don't.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mine was a real bitch last time I had to pull it too :mad: that's why I'm waiting til I drop my trans again to do the batmo and downpipe ;)

Your tellin me. I have an up pipe bolt stuck in the damn housing and I can't get the fricken thing out so I'm cuttin my damn up pipe. Otherwise it's not too bad, the heat just makes it hell when your bending over the motor the whole time. Top side creeper would be great right about now

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
That would be awesome if you don't mind i've been wanting to do this for a while and think the quicker spool from the Batmo would make it mo better on the street.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Your tellin me. I have an up pipe bolt stuck in the damn housing and I can't get the fricken thing out so I'm cuttin my damn up pipe. Otherwise it's not too bad, the heat just makes it hell when your bending over the motor the whole time. Top side creeper would be great right about now

Top side creepers are a lot cheaper than I thought, I'm glad I have mine. and who the hell still runs a IHI????? just thing of all the time you would have saved with a V clamp downpipe!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That would be awesome if you don't mind i've been wanting to do this for a while and think the quicker spool from the Batmo would make it mo better on the street.

Yeah I'll give that a go for about a month and after I tow Brian's truck to New Mexico. That way I can get ya info for every aspect.

Top side creepers are a lot cheaper than I thought, I'm glad I have mine. and who the hell still runs a IHI????? just thing of all the time you would have saved with a V clamp downpipe!

Lol the down pipe bolts were easy, the up pipe not so much. I apparently could put a lot more torque on them when the motor was out lol. Ill have to get me a creeper

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Yeah I'll give that a go for about a month and after I tow Brian's truck to New Mexico. That way I can get ya info for every aspect.

Lol the down pipe bolts were easy, the up pipe not so much. I apparently could put a lot more torque on them when the motor was out lol. Ill have to get me a creeper

Iirc I broke two downpipe and 3 up pipe bolts when I pulled mine. Adeso has just given me a great idea though :secret: