LB7: LB7 Batmowheel Review

REW_388

Jun 2, 2012
Richmond, MO
Maybe it'll be warm again for ya cuz the temp has been bouncing around like crazy around here... it was 85 yesterday when I was pouring concrete then today it dropped into the high 40s sat is supposed to be in the 20s then next week back.to the 60s. Awe I love Missouri lol

Also your prob right cuz I am in the throttle quite a bit but I feel like my tunes aren't too extreme either

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Maybe it'll be warm again for ya cuz the temp has been bouncing around like crazy around here... it was 85 yesterday when I was pouring concrete then today it dropped into the high 40s sat is supposed to be in the 20s then next week back.to the 60s. Awe I love Missouri lol

Also your prob right cuz I am in the throttle quite a bit but I feel like my tunes aren't too extreme either

That's what I heard. My wife just flew into Fayetteville Arkansas. It was in the 70's yesterday and today it was around 40. She thought it was nice compared to 25 with a foot of snow on the ground, haha.

It was a nice, one day maybe cold but the next maybe warm. :spit:

I maybe nice, I usually wrong though. :D

Yellowchevy

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
Saw a youtube video of someone doing this install on a Ford. All they did was take the "intake horn" off and zip it a few times with an impact gun, and it came off just fine. Pulled the old wheel out the front of the turbo, placed the new wheel on the shaft and then zipped it down a couple times with the gun again.
I know these are two completely different turbos, but any opinions on this?
I am getting ready to tackle this myself in the next couple weeks, that damn shinny block of aluminum has been sitting on the work bench for almost a year.

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
Ok, I just had an epiphany from getting the intake horn off last night and looking at the wheel. It can't come out the front of the turbo, can it?
Ok, more tear down then for me in the near future, lol.

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
So I got all of the bolts off of the up pipes and the down pipe. The only one I could not get to is the nut on the stud on the passenger side of the down pipe. Any suggestions on how to reach this? There is not enough room between the down pipe and the nut to get ratchet in there.
Also, once I have the down pipe and the up pipes unbolted where are the bolts to be able to remove the turbo? Are they at the base of it or something? I have the intake horn, coolant hose and oil tube all removed already also.
I do not have a clue how you guys are doing this, I am doing this right now because I have my trans out. I do not see how you would reach some of the up pipe and down pipe bolts.
Any more suggestions would be great.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I can't remember exactly how I hot to that particular nut but I know that in the course of removing mine I had to unbolt the trans cross member and jack it up and down to reposition where the engine was. Seems like I might have used a ratcheting wrench from the top side at one point as well but its been about 2 years since I did mine.

03BlkMax

Jul 15, 2012
Kentucky
Use a 14mm boxed wrench. I usually put some heat on it with a torch first to make it a lot easier coming apart. Just keep the flame blue and small.

Galaxy S3

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Use a 14mm boxed wrench. I usually put some heat on it with a torch first to make it a lot easier coming apart. Just keep the flame blue and small.

Galaxy S3

X2 on the box end wrench. I also used another wrench on the other end to make it longer to give me more leverage.

It's not bad with the transmission in there, with a top side creeper it's really easy. :thumb:

Yellowchevy

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
So I got the up pipes and the down pipe off. Reached in from the driver side and was able to get some good pulling leverage.
So is it the three bolts that I see that hold down the turbo? How do you reach the front two? Are you guys removing the y bridge in front of the turbo?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
So I got the up pipes and the down pipe off. Reached in from the driver side and was able to get some good pulling leverage.
So is it the three bolts that I see that hold down the turbo? How do you reach the front two? Are you guys removing the y bridge in front of the turbo?

Yes it's those 3 - 17mm bolts.
I removed the intake horn then you'll have access using a long extension. I left my Y-bridge alone.

Yellowchevy

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
Sweet thanks yellowchevy!. I was hoping to be able to get down in there without removing the y! Was really not looking forward to undoing all the fuel fittings to ge the y out.

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
HAHA! Got it out! Figured out to reach the front two bolts by going strait down from the top, right behind the front of the turbo housing.
DAMN!! That turbo is freaking HEAVY!! Now just need to spend a little time splitting the turbo, swapping the wheel and put it aaaaalllllllllll back together! Should go back together much quicker than it came apart.
Thanks again for answering the questions that I had!!