Lb7 5 speed

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I'll keep it short and sweet driving Sunday home from church in
my 02 lb7 my son and I were cruising 55mph. truck kicked down into 4th went into limp mode dtc was p0700 and p0735 5 gear incorrect ratio. My question is I made it almost 100,000 miles on this dts build pretty good I think. My question is what should I go with this go round I want purchase just parts to build it myself at work in free time. I've had good luck with alto red eagle power packs in my 06 they have lasted since 06. I'm very maintenance oriented I change fluid every 15,000-20,000 and spin on every 5,000 which I know that should not have led to clutch failure but things fail so on to the next build open to suggestions on clutches and converter max power truck will ever make 650-700rwhp thanks

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
This might depend on what DTS did to the trans when they built it, but you can buy just the clutch packs from suncoast without any valve body mods or shafts for a decent price.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Dts blue street build trans I was present and helped David with the build in 2012 as he walked me through it. billet input and output shafts are present in it dpc 1900 stock stall converter transgo shift kit is present clutches are mixture of two brands. just curious what will actually last and hold. I don't beat on the truck nor do I abuse it if anything I overly maintain both trucks I'll play every now and then at red lights and local sled pulls but that's about it otherwise it's my daily driver

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
The suncoast Gmax 5-2 kits should include everything you need to do a refresh with their parts (not 100% sure). The Alto carbon clutches will hold better from what I've read, but you're nowhere near being able to slip the raybestos frictions I'd say.

Just PM Evan or call suncoast directly, a refresh shouldn't cost that much.

tjs82

Gearhead
Nov 1, 2016
Southern Wisconsin
I got a full 6-speed kit from Evan at Limitless just shy of 2 years ago. If my notes are correct, C1, C3, and C4 were alto discs, and C2 was Raybestos. Haven't really kept myself up to date on the latest and greatest since then though, so he might be doing things a bit differently. Give Evan a call, and he'll be happy to set you up with everything you need, and answer any questions you have during the build. The dude's customer service is phenominal :thumb:

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
That's what the dts build has that I did back in 2013 its a mixture of clutches altos and raybestoes clutches what I'm curious is would it be wise to mix again or to full bore all raybestoes gpz in c1 c2 c3 c4 c5? Or are those available? I'll try and get in touch with Evan to get some info