Last preparation for 400 MPH

mde

fuel injection is my life
Mar 17, 2007
Bucky State
We are in the last status to try to reach our goal with 400 MPH at the end of the Speedweek on the Bonneville Salt Flats. We made some changes after last years fire accident in the engine room. This year we running different coolant fluid and made some changes on the firewall also the engine is stronger for the 90 second 100% load and around 1200 HP and 2200 lbs-# torque. We have still one gear to go as we calculated a max speed with 397 MPH.

Fastest diesel we are coming!!!! Wish us luck that speed god keep us safe ...

Last edited:

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
We are in the last status to try to reach our goal with 400 MPH at the end of the Speedweek on the Bonneville Salt Flats. We made some changes after last years fire accident in the engine room. This year we running different coolant fluid and made some changes on the firewall also the engine is stronger for the 90 second 100% load and around 1200 HP and 2200 lbs-# torque. We have still one gear to go as we calculated a max speed with 397 MPH.

Fastest diesel we are coming!!!! Wish us luck that speed god keep us safe ...

Good luck volker, i know you and curtis have been striving to make vast improvments in the engine and chassis for this possible record in land speed.:cool2:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
We made some changes after last years fire accident in the engine room. This year we running different coolant fluid and made some changes on the firewall also the engine is stronger for the 90 second 100% load and around 1200 HP and 2200 lbs-# torque.

Weren't you running Evans coolant and thats what caught fire? How did that happen and what did you switch to?

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
New and improved engine, this year should be a good one. You guys know what you're doing and 400 is a realistic goal. I look forward to seeing it happen.