LASIK surgery

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I had it done at least twenty years ago. I still have 20-10 and 20-20, but can't see crap up close without some dime store cheaters or a lot of light. They told me I could need bi focals by forty, but I made it to forty eight or so. It was probably the best money I ever spent. I had worn glasses since age six and was near sighted with astigmatism. ( guessed on that spelling ) I'm 58 now. Good luck.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I thought the LASIK is the laser method? Which ever method uses the laser is the one that my grandpa got done. he couldnt see a stop sign that was 20 feet in front of him and afterward he said driving at night is no problem at all.

Yes and no. LASIK is the actual correction method to adjust the eye and there are two different methods to cut the cornea. You can either have the blade style or the all laser procedure. No major difference in terms of outcome, I just couldn't handle the anxiety of watching a blade go over my eye.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know exactly what procedure will be used, but the optometrist who recommended the surgeon said he is the best guy around and has sent some of his family to the same doctor. I'll ask about the different options and whatnot. I did ask about the halos because a friend of mine complains about driving at night because of her eye surgery, and he said it shouldn't be much of a problem with the new procedures they have now.

My halos were AWFUL for probably 6 months (not to the point where I couldn't drive but just extremely noticeable) and now they aren't bad. If I had to guess they are maybe 10-20% worse than they used to be if that.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I had Lasik done maybe 15 years ago. Lasted for about 10 years. No real problems that whole time. After 10 years I had to go back to glasses. My Optometrist said I could have it done again for my distant vision (my problem when I had the Lasik done) but I would most likely need reading glasses after. I decided I wanted to see close up without glasses so here I am. I was worried about having my eyes worked on also. I wound up using the Lasik doctor that fixes other doctors screwups. Figured he was the best to use.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
had it done 13 or so years ago. best decision of my life. my eyesight is still 20/20 and i have absolutely no regrets

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
My sister-in-law had it done and regrets it every day. She has had tons of trouble with dry eyes for sure, and I think migraines since the surgery. Because of that and the fact you vision will go bad again my wife has decided not to do it. She already has trouble with dry eyes.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well, I had the surgery done a yesterday. The followup with the optometrist this morning already showed my right eye at 20/15 less than 24 hours after the procedure. The left eye was worse because they had to cut more, but he said it would continue to clear up. So far I'm very pleased with the results.

Reactions: darkness

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well, I had the surgery done a yesterday. The followup with the optometrist this morning already showed my right eye at 20/15 less than 24 hours after the procedure. The left eye was worse because they had to cut more, but he said it would continue to clear up. So far I'm very pleased with the results.

Glad to hear it! Keep your eye drops close by, you'll thank me later.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I had PRK done in 2011. I've always advocated for anyone who hates glasses or contacts to do it. In my case, I couldn't be more happy with it. I get a little bit of clarity issues at night when my eyes are more tired. Other than that, I really think it is a great option for correcting eyesight. The doctor told me as I get older I'll be needing bifocals, as most people do as they age, because their eye muscles get worn and tired, but the effects of the procedure should be good the rest of my life. The heal up time with PRK is much longer than Lasik though. Took me about 6 months for my vision to completely stabilize. I have 20/10 combined now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk