L5P L5P Tuning

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
still just 4 clutches in the C3's. aint gunna hold up to any abuse and probably start pulling power like the LML's do as the trans notices slip

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
still just 4 clutches in the C3's. aint gunna hold up to any abuse and probably start pulling power like the LML's do as the trans notices slip

Thats a shame you'd think GM would have beefed it up like they did everything else... I was under the impression Trans tuning gave the lml trans really good potential?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thats a shame you'd think GM would have beefed it up like they did everything else... I was under the impression Trans tuning gave the lml trans really good potential?

no, the ecm/tcm is just smarter than the guys saying they make 700hp and hold. might hold on the dyno but sure as hell wont hold on the street long. The computers will just pull back power and you will never know till it finally dies enough that it limps. youd never know you were never making the full power to the ground till you hit a track. hence why track times dont back up stock trans trucks that actually have miles on them at that hp

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I’m excited to see what that motor can handle!
It was just said a v8 will never be competitive in the UCC... I have a feeling this might change that:D
Our luck they will probably grenade blocks at 800 hp
Hey now I'm just couple days away from seeing how long the lml blocks will handle 800hp. Don't be spooking my baby's...

For kicks, ask Industrial how long a built Cummins will hold 1000hp pushing 4500R's. Then ask em how many times they've attempted it this year.

Two years ago at UCC they said "that's easy..." To date, survey says, about 30 minutes tops...

I'll be willing to bet the L5P is a pretty solid platform far as V8's go. GM seems to have listened to the forums on several key points. Then attempted to lock everyone out of em... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hey now I'm just couple days away from seeing how long the lml blocks will handle 800hp. Don't be spooking my baby's...

For kicks, ask Industrial how long a built Cummins will hold 1000hp pushing 4500R's. Then ask em how many times they've attempted it this year.

Two years ago at UCC they said "that's easy..." To date, survey says, about 30 minutes tops...

I'll be willing to bet the L5P is a pretty solid platform far as V8's go. GM seems to have listened to the forums on several key points. Then attempted to lock everyone out of em... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Then call D&J and ask drew the same question. bet you get some interesting answers :D

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
And I was already impressed with the torque yesterday
481772b6c89f096f43399e8995d15f5e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
And I was already impressed with the torque yesterday
481772b6c89f096f43399e8995d15f5e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be curious to see some other readings like drive pressure and stuff as well. Unless Gale is lieing I thought he said when u reach 540 drive pressure skyrockets on these. This is pretty cool to see though curious where it’s gonna end up. Maybe some of u guys could help give me some more info on how Kory is saying there’s plenty of air and banks is saying otherwise and he’s been messing with the engine for a while with military applications if u believe what u read that is. Seems like it would be a good conversation to have on here.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
From what I’ve read is the trucks drive pressure ratio is 1:1 up till 520hp. It’s not uncommon to run 2:1 ratio.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Gale banks is good, but when something is where it excatly shouldn't be. It's pretty much completely wrong to him from what i gather. I'm following his studies on rear differential covers, he hasnt released the info yet, but what heis testing and showing already is steering me away from buying a Danville one ( mainly to match my turbo ), he has brought up some seriously valid points already on why rear diff covers are bad lol

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Gale banks is good, but when something is where it excatly shouldn't be. It's pretty much completely wrong to him from what i gather. I'm following his studies on rear differential covers, he hasnt released the info yet, but what heis testing and showing already is steering me away from buying a Danville one ( mainly to match my turbo ��), he has brought up some seriously valid points already on why rear diff covers are bad lol

So are you installing bigger injectors, fuel pump, stronger block and rotating assembly?

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I would be curious to see some other readings like drive pressure and stuff as well. Unless Gale is lieing I thought he said when u reach 540 drive pressure skyrockets on these. This is pretty cool to see though curious where it’s gonna end up. Maybe some of u guys could help give me some more info on how Kory is saying there’s plenty of air and banks is saying otherwise and he’s been messing with the engine for a while with military applications if u believe what u read that is. Seems like it would be a good conversation to have on here.

I got the full tour of Banks operations last June, and nobody I've met has a 1/4 that operation. There was 40+ lightly modified L5P's ready to roll out the door, that day.. Three dyno rooms committed to only L5P test runs for every engine. Plus an 18 truck making some pulls out back. He's running them LBZ wired, fully deleted, with his own custom intakes. So I gotta go with what the old man says when it comes to air flow.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I got the full tour of Banks operations last June, and nobody I've met has a 1/4 that operation. There was 40+ lightly modified L5P's ready to roll out the door, that day.. Three dyno rooms committed to only L5P test runs for every engine. Plus an 18 truck making some pulls out back. He's running them LBZ wired, fully deleted, with his own custom intakes. So I gotta go with what the old man says when it comes to air flow.
Not to derail, but if that's how he has them wired then what's stopping anyone else from swapping an L5P into an LBZ and get after it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I wonder if Korys test rigg has a built trans?

LML will do 550, 20 horse more isn't much...

I can’t wait until you get an L5P so we can here how incredibly absolutely wonderful it is, and how the LMLs are absolute garbage....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro