L5p swap... Anybody know DIESEL ATTITUDE

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
just seen on Instagram that someone has successfully put a l5p in what it appears to be a lmm series platform truck (07.5).

It's running and looks like it rips., They are heading to the Dyno shortly with it. Someone know this guy, if so tell him to join this forum cause I'm super interested in it

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
He has an lbz but based on the other thread we have here, it should be fairly straight forward to swap the whole thing in and use lbz electronics

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I have been trying to track him down on Facebook and get him on here. Give us some details on the swap. I thought it was lbz too, but on his Instagram he said it was a 07.5 truck. But it looks like like a classic to me as well. I want to know if he is using lbz stuff or all the actual denso fuel system.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have been trying to track him down on Facebook and get him on here. Give us some details on the swap. I thought it was lbz too, but on his Instagram he said it was a 07.5 truck. But it looks like like a classic to me as well. I want to know if he is using lbz stuff or all the actual denso fuel system.

he would have to use the L5P fuel system, the LBZ stuff wont work in L5P heads. looks like he put the LBZ alt on, LBZ a/c compressor and from there i would say its a matter of making the rest of the sensors work. only thing im curious on is how the crank sensor worked out being they are on the back and different tooth count.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I messaged him on Instagram and told him to get over here. We have lots of questions. Hopefully he chimes in soon

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
And a lbz factory injector harness plug will plug right into a l5p injector ?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
just seen on Instagram that someone has successfully put a l5p in what it appears to be a lmm series platform truck (07.5).

It's running and looks like it rips., They are heading to the Dyno shortly with it. Someone know this guy, if so tell him to join this forum cause I'm super interested in it
What’s his Instagram?

DIESEL ATTITUDE

Apr 28, 2011
L5Z
L5P running on lbz/lmm electronics.

Stuffed in an 07 classic
My wife's daily driver/Sled puller
Going strong for over a year20200711_083851.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: buick455

DIESEL ATTITUDE

Apr 28, 2011
Now dont go thinking you can just drop in an l5p hook up the electronics and turn the key. Not going to happen. To do this it requires complete disassembly of the engine to fire the injectors among a fist full of other challenges.
I am in the process of my second L5Z swap. This one is to be the ZF6 edition. Looking for mentors, sponsors

Last edited:
Reactions: buick455

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Do you put a LBZ-style tone ring on the front of the crank? Does the LBZ front cover fit?

Pretty sweet setup!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

DIESEL ATTITUDE

Apr 28, 2011
No . It's all different l5p vs previous years. The only way to do that is how banks is currently doing it cummins style with the notched fluid dampr.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Love the build. Couple years back I saw Banks LBZ/LMM to L5P setup on a shop tour. Never noticed the reluctor ring, but is it the crank tooth difference only, or cam also? Wonder if we could change the pulse count in the ECM with a cax file easier..

Been dying to drop an l5P one in a boat, soon as I finish the one I'm wrapping up now.