L5p P20EE

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
0 issiues with my 17 with 8500 on it. I also believe that some are to sensitive to the new model blues but do agree the first models have the most issues. No truck is unfixable

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
0 issiues with my 17 with 8500 on it. I also believe that some are to sensitive to the new model blues but do agree the first models have the most issues. No truck is unfixable

Definitely agree!
The reason I bought a Chevy was because #1 I'm very familiar with the truck
#2 it's the cheapest to work on In my experience
#3 has the lest amount of issues
#4 the ride quality
#5 the dependability
This is all just my experience
Between my dad and I and the company we have owned a 12valve Cummins/24 Valve and the 6.7
Ford 7.3 6.0 and 6.4 never had the 6.7 but friends have and all seen some pretty exspensive problems
The only constant is the 6.6 duramax and until they start failing us we won't change

UnclePhil

Sep 30, 2017
Me and my brother both have over 40k miles with zero problems.. I really don't think they have any more problems than previous models..

I think it's just everybody is so sensitive since it's a 'new model' that EVERY issue gets talked about and so it seems like they have a few more problems.. Lots and lots of the trucks on the road with no problems I'm sure.. Jmo

Least don't have to worry about the cp4 lol

Actually there were about 10 trucks with the same issue. GM sent out a bulletin that they were aware of the issue and had no fix for it. I went back to back with the issue on $60K trucks. So not sure it’s a “sensitive “ issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnclePhil

Sep 30, 2017
Sad thing is I traded my 06 LBZ in on this truck. It had 250K miles and never once saw a shop!

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
10 out of how many L5p's out there are pretty great numbers IMO.. Can't expect every truck to come out to be perfect..

But I know what you're saying, if I'd bought one of them I'd be very upset and probably would've traded it for a Ford by now lol..

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I just got a L5P myself not because I wanted to but I had to from a timing standpoint. So far everything is ok. Mileage towing 22,900 on my gooseneck was 8.8. Mpg. Empty I have seen 16.5 to 18.6. The DIC has been almost spit on as compared to manually calculating the mpg.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
My dad just got an 18 and sure enough 250 miles the same code popped up. Was told that the cat (probably meant the doc or whatever the hell they call it now) isn't getting hot enough. Said to keep clearing the code and it would stop coming back on after a few thousand miles. We will see.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
My dad just got an 18 and sure enough 250 miles the same code popped up. Was told that the cat (probably meant the doc or whatever the hell they call it now) isn't getting hot enough. Said to keep clearing the code and it would stop coming back on after a few thousand miles. We will see.

Update: trucks been trouble free and haven’t seen the code come back.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Like 5 times I think. It has 7500 miles.

thanks buddy :D :hug:. good info to know and sad GM wants to just pass this off as "well just keep driving it". gotta be some pissed off people that drop that kind of coin on a new truck (specially a denali) and then have this happen AND be told that