L5P Light Bar Relay Power

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
Hey guys, I'm Currently installing a 30" Rigid SR-2 behind my grill and everything is good to go, I just want to make sure this is right because I'm coming from the side post LBZ batteries:

Where do you guys attach your power wire eye on the driver side battery?

Is there a spot you prefer for grounding the light rather than the negative terminal?

I'll attach a picture of the positive terminal without the plastic and if someone could identify where they believe the most solid connection would be that would be much appreciated!

For reference sake I took a picture with a few places I was looking at, like under the T bolt, and then the other two nut locations.

I'd like to thank in advance anyone that has any suggestions, it's very much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 51

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
If Would go for three. Because two is after a factory fuse. Just make sure you shrink wrap and tie the wire back so it doesnt rub and cause a short. Oh yeah as for the ground i like to take it back to neg on battery. Because if you have resistance through the chassis then your lights will be dim due to them only being able to conduct so much because of bad flow. (Bottle necks the power) its kirchhoffs law....

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I would either use 3 or the stud next to it with no nut. Put the fuse as close to the power source as possible for protection since you are pulling straight from the battery.

I would either use the neg on the battery for the ground or double check the ground strap from the battery to the frame for good connection. Always remember that power has to flow through both of the wires feeding something. If it takes a #6 wire for power, it will take a #6 wire for ground.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I generally just use #1 as it takes a smaller connector. Have trucks 9 years old and have never had a problem. If it was a huge draw I'd use 2 or 3.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
I replaced the passenger side positive battery cable bolt with one I got from a car stereo accessory store that has a stud on top so you can tap off battery power. I wired it to a triple AGU fuse block with 4GA wire to power my OB compressor, lift pump and aux lights. Makes for a clean, safe installation.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I replaced the passenger side positive battery cable bolt with one I got from a car stereo accessory store that has a stud on top so you can tap off battery power. I wired it to a triple AGU fuse block with 4GA wire to power my OB compressor, lift pump and aux lights. Makes for a clean, safe installation.

On the Newer trucks they got rid of the GM side post that has been the standard since the late 70's and went back to top post. The #1 in his picture is the clamp bolt for the top post connector (i think, will have to look in the AM). I would not mess with the #1 since it appears to be what holds tension on the post.