Kory Willis or Idaho Rob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2013
Washington
Getting EFI Live here pretty soon and wondering who I should have o my tunes. Scott from SDP is my neighbor (somewhat) and said if i go with Korys tunes they're a little more hot and Robs will make my engine last longer with less hot tunes. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I run BoB's tunes Bob Olson or Bobo on this site he was a beta tester along with Kory Tony (Ridge runner Diesel) and Kennedy diesel.I'm very happy.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
if you ask kory for some less spicy tuna he can give you whatever you want, but im running his tuning with everything in my sig on a stock bottom end. Very happy with it.

Jun 29, 2013
Washington
ok, i don't have a built trans, bigger injectors, or aftermarket turbo right now but i plan on doing it eventually in the near future. Would it be better for me to get v2 or auto cal if i want to update my tunes more frequently?

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I run BoB's tunes Bob Olson or Bobo on this site he was a beta tester along with Kory Tony (Ridge runner Diesel) and Kennedy diesel.I'm very happy.

Rob is also one of the original beta testers from the beginning of EFILive for dmax

If I can be of any help answering your questions OP feel free to pm or call me bud.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Why? Not trying to bash. Just curious.

had a friend wait 4+ weeks after it was supposed to be 1 week tops, we waited and waited and he finally blamed us for not updating our V2, even though we had nothing to flash, after that he told us to go away and take our money elsewhere..... I can find the thread but i think thats enough info.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Either Kory of Rob cant go wrong. Run both frequently and for friends. Also Mark at Danville! I would personally stay far away from BOBO!

Id love to hear why also? I have my personal trucks tuned from him. For 3+yrs and over 35k miles. 25k with twins. I have also taken my dads and 8-9 other friends trucks to get tuned after they rode in mine. Zero issues to date. Some of those trucks had efi live already by someone else but they liked the way mine ran. I will put his tunes up against anyones. Not sayin his are better or best but gauranttee his right there with the other top tuners.

Hands down, regardless of who it is, best tuner u can have is someone that can sit in your truck tuning it or on dyno . Way easier to dial in rather then across country.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Id love to hear why also? I have my personal trucks tuned from him. For 3+yrs and over 35k miles. 25k with twins. I have also taken my dads and 8-9 other friends trucks to get tuned after they rode in mine. Zero issues to date. Some of those trucks had efi live already by someone else but they liked the way mine ran. I will put his tunes up against anyones. Not sayin his are better or best but gauranttee his right there with the other top tuners.

Hands down, regardless of who it is, best tuner u can have is someone that can sit in your truck tuning it or on dyno . Way easier to dial in rather then across country.

read above ^ dont get me wrong we were thinking his tuning would be awesome and we would have both had it by now if not for this. I agree anyone that can sit in the truck is the best

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
had a friend wait 4+ weeks after it was supposed to be 1 week tops, we waited and waited and he finally blamed us for not updating our V2, even though we had nothing to flash, after that he told us to go away and take our money elsewhere..... I can find the thread but i think thats enough info.

So customer serivice? Never had an issue personally. All the people i know can personally say the same. Everyone has there down falls, cant say i blame u if that was the case. All i know is, i have no reason to complain.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
So customer serivice? Never had an issue personally. All the people i know can personally say the same. Everyone has there down falls, cant say i blame u if that was the case. All i know is, i have no reason to complain.

That and attitude. We were waiting and just asked where it was, and he flipped and told us to take our money elsewhere? Dont get me wrong not trying to bash him, who knows what was going on but really? If I ever told a customer to get out and take the money elsewhere I would be fired on the spot....

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Kinda hard to fire yourself. Hes the boss. Lol and most its taking me was 3days. It helps i live 15mins from him at most. I know hes not affraid to tell anyone how he feels. He doesnt bs, and doesnt beat around the bush.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Kinda hard to fire yourself. Hes the boss. Lol and most its taking me was 3days. It helps i live 15mins from him at most. I know hes not affraid to tell anyone how he feels. He doesnt bs, and doesnt beat around the bush.

ya I am just saying that as a what if, I understand that. Thats great that he doesn't BS but that does not help what happened lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.