Knight 50cal muzzleloader?

NastyNate

Really fast learner
Jan 15, 2007
Colusa, Ca.
Walked away with 3 guns from the CDA (California Deer Association) dinner last night. Not sure what to do with one of them. It's a Knight 50 cal. muzzle loader. Should I hold onto it or try and sell it. Not familar with muzzle loaders or what the hell to shoot at with a 50cal. Other gun was a 204. with Jim Shockey's signature engraved on it. Came with a Shockey singed photograph and hat. Last gun was a Savage .22. Not bad for buying $600 in raffle tickets.

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
I have a national turkey fed. dinner comin up in the next weeks. Last year i won two guns and hopefully i can do the same thing this year. Congrats on your wins.

NastyNate

Really fast learner
Jan 15, 2007
Colusa, Ca.
Trying to learn a little about this muzzleloading. Whoever has experience in this, which do you prefer: Triple 7 pellets, Pyrodex Pellets, Pyrodex powder, or Black powder? Also which #209 primers do you prefer: CCI, Triple 7, Thompson Center, or other? Thanks guys

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
Trying to learn a little about this muzzleloading. Whoever has experience in this, which do you prefer: Triple 7 pellets, Pyrodex Pellets, Pyrodex powder, or Black powder? Also which #209 primers do you prefer: CCI, Triple 7, Thompson Center, or other? Thanks guys

I use the pyrodex pellets for powder. You can just grab two of them and throw them in there and you know its 100 grams of power. They are 50 a piece. Its better than the loose powder cause you have to measure it every time. Also when you load the pellets be sure to keep the darker side of the pellet down cause that powder is loose and ignights (sp) much easier. Any kind of primers will work from what i have seen. And i would reccomend the power belt bullets. They are very easy to load and are accerate. Also when you site the gun in you will want to clean the barrel every three or so times. Good luck. Pm me if you have any questions.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio

i have a Thomson center they are the best muzzleloaders you can buy the warranty for them is top notch a good friend of mine has shot his gun enough that he has shot the rifleing out of 4 barrels and TC just sends him a new one each time cant beat that. i have always used pyrodex pellets but dad just started using triple 7 and its just as good as pyrodex but burns cleaner. 209 primers i cant see much of a difference i just buy whats cheep. the hardest part of shotting a muzzleloader is finding the right bullet i know i shot 4 different bullets before finding the right one. no two guns shot the same bullet and same gains of powder but thats the fun part good luck

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
i have a Thomson center they are the best muzzleloaders you can buy the warranty for them is top notch a good friend of mine has shot his gun enough that he has shot the rifleing out of 4 barrels and TC just sends him a new one each time cant beat that. i have always used pyrodex pellets but dad just started using triple 7 and its just as good as pyrodex but burns cleaner. 209 primers i cant see much of a difference i just buy whats cheep. the hardest part of shotting a muzzleloader is finding the right bullet i know i shot 4 different bullets before finding the right one. no two guns shot the same bullet and same gains of powder but thats the fun part good luck

X2

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
I use the pyrodex pellets for powder. You can just grab two of them and throw them in there and you know its 100 grams of power. They are 50 a piece. Its better than the loose powder cause you have to measure it every time. Also when you load the pellets be sure to keep the darker side of the pellet down cause that powder is loose and ignights (sp) much easier. Any kind of primers will work from what i have seen. And i would reccomend the power belt bullets. They are very easy to load and are accerate. Also when you site the gun in you will want to clean the barrel every three or so times. Good luck. Pm me if you have any questions.

Grains man, grains.:eek: