Killed a Dually Ford-Pulling My Holiday Trailer!!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I was coming back from the car wash with my 25' holiday trailer in tow and I was in a bit of a hurry as I had lots to do before I went back to work so I was kind of humpin' on it leaving the lights and stuff and was making a little smoke. Ok a lot of smoke but whatever!

This older dude in a newer 6 liter Dually Ford was chasing me as I could see him ralphing out black smoke everytime I did. He finally got up beside me at a light and I could see he had and Edge monitor on his dash and almost as many gauges as Larry Jewell so I figured he had something going on. Turns out he was a holiday trailer long hauler up from Indiana.

The light turned green and I really stomped on it (my matress was halfway of my bed I found out later and the dishes were all upside down in the cupboards) and I walked away from him! I could here his engine just screaming and he had more black smoke behind him empty than I did with a load but he couldn't catch me and I shut it down around 90km/h. The next light he asked me if I was using propane or spraying with nos and I said - and I quote - "NOPE I'M ALL STOCK WITH JUST SOME GOOD TUNING FROM THE NEENS".

He had a perplexed look on his face as I drove away!:rofl:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
That story just brought a tear to my eye Dale...

Some fella in an import tried to pass me on the right at a redlight on Century Blvd. after leaving Mike's old shop with the project truck loaded on my flatbed trailer, but he had nothing to say after slamming on the brakes and falling in behind me...

Same tune, same result :D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That story just brought a tear to my eye Dale...

Some fella in an import tried to pass me on the right at a redlight on Century Blvd. after leaving Mike's old shop with the project truck loaded on my flatbed trailer, but he had nothing to say after slamming on the brakes and falling in behind me...

Same tune, same result :D

Try setting your vane position to like 30 from 0 - 1400 rpm-Chris. LB7 Idle + Your Tune = LOTS OF SMOKE!!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
No Larry. Like I said it was just a quick trip to the car wash:D
And it was just "a little" smoke by your standards.:D