Kennedy lift pump harness/module

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale FL/Switzerland
I already have the Kennedy lift pump harness and module installed on my truck. I love the way its made and its features. I have to replace my pump, and will install an airdog. I want to keep the Kennedy harness and module to run the new pump. But can it handle the amps the air dog is drawing? Does anyone know for how many amps the kit is rated? If it is to weak im just gonna use an extra relay on the pump wiring.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Depending on which model AirDog amps will be anywhere from 2-8 depending on the motor rpm and desired pressure.

Hound

Feb 17, 2012
Simple solution would be to contact John either via telephone or email. I'm sure he'll pass correct info to you on the capabilities of his product.

Kennedy Diesel

Mar 13, 2009
Simple solution would be to contact John either via telephone or email. I'm sure he'll pass correct info to you on the capabilities of his product.

Good suggestion. I don't always get to the forums on a regular basis.

To the OP I think you should be fine as we have had this kit used for many different pumps, but you'll have to watch and see. Might just add a 10 amp inline fuse to the B+ wire. It uses a fusible link, but better to be safe than sorry. Not sure why you think you'd need to change pumps though. I guess some just get it in their heads that they need pressure. My 2002 runs at over 1000RWHP (uncorrected and legit) with 2 cp3's and 2 (original models installed back in prototype days) Kennedy lift pumps...