Keeping up with the forum.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Kat

I just bought and activated a Sprint Sierra Wireless AirCard. I bought this for internet access on the go and work and online school. ( Ie... McRat Racing Forum ) and ( Mick ). Is this a similar Cellular Wireless device you used on your trip to Houston? If so, was it worth the cost and trouble? Thanks

fordt

Think Done Deals
Jan 3, 2007
Vero Beach, FL.
www.abcamping.com
I know this is not directed to me, but I am throwing my hat in the ring :rofl:

I have had a Verizon Wireless card for 2 years, and LOVE it! I use it soley in the winter months, and hardly ever in the spring/summer. I pay $59.99/month for unlimited use.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX

I have had a Verizon Wireless card for 2 years, and LOVE it! I use it soley in the winter months, and hardly ever in the spring/summer. I pay $59.99/month for unlimited use.

Ya, that is about the same rate I have. I thought I better get unlimited ( so no excuses ). The initial investment was pretty steep but oh well.

What do you think about it? I live out about 20 miles and the service is slow at home. I'm hoping it will be better where I work. Crossing fingers.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I have the Sprint card and pay $60 a month for it. I love it. At my house in Pa I have slow service, but may onther places such as in Charlotte it is very fast.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I used to have an wireless card. But when I got my Dell laptop I didn't have a spot for it. So now I use the Bluetooth on one of my cell phones. Seems the cell phone companies got wise to people like me :eek: I know the new phone I bought Pat won't let me connect to the computer. Could be because I get unlimited for $19.99 a month on my cell phone :angel:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I used to have an wireless card. But when I got my Dell laptop I didn't have a spot for it. So now I use the Bluetooth on one of my cell phones. Seems the cell phone companies got wise to people like me :eek: I know the new phone I bought Pat won't let me connect to the computer. Could be because I get unlimited for $19.99 a month on my cell phone :angel:

I thought of that, but here we have to have the data rate.

As far as speed, traveling, I past by a tower that gave me 900kbps. Strange thing is, the town was not on the map and nothing else for miles. Now I'm in a pretty big city at the moment and well the speed sucks. But, it was nice to check the email from the middle of know where ( at 9-20kbps ). Oh well I have 29 more days to try it. :D

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
The line cost is $10 for phone and the $19.99 for unlimited data :cool2:

Is it a local company? I want that. :D I wonder if they offer this here? I called sprint but they said I would have to have a phone that has a browser. Heck I'm already confused with my computers browser... :rofl:

c_murray7313

Addicted to HORSEPOWER!!!
Apr 2, 2007
Ocean City, Maryland
i finally got a sprint air card about 2 months ago and i love it. then again i didnt have anything to compare it to cuz i couldnt get anything other than dial up where i live. i guess i live to far out in the boonies. great signal and speed for me.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.

Same here...Use it everyday at work...