Just services transmission

Greenlightdiesel

Feb 20, 2021
Hey guys new to the form. I just serviced a 2003 Chevy 2500hds transmission. We dropped pan, changed internal & external filters, upgraded trans lines to heavy duty ones. Filled with hot shot secrets fluid and added shift restore. After filling started unit up pulled outside to let warm up before test drive came out check engine light was on, truck would not move and when out into gear line under selected gear is flashing. Pulled codes I am getting a p0700 and a p1711. Loud clunk coming from back of trans when it does go into gear and seems to be stuck in a high gear when drove. No issues were present before service was completed.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
WhAt was the first reason for doing the flush anyways?

Why did you add "shift restore" ?

Greenlightdiesel

Feb 20, 2021
Guy hasn’t serviced transmission since he bought It has owned it for some time. Last summer we replaced whole system after finding it contaminated. Lines were leaky so we upgraded all lines changed both filters and added new fluid with additive. Truck has 245k on dash.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
1711 is trans temp sensor. That's housed in the PSM. Could be internal wire harness, disconnected wire from harness to PSM or bad PSM.

Reactions: firestopper

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
1711 is trans temp sensor. That's housed in the PSM. Could be internal wire harness, disconnected wire from harness to PSM or bad PSM.
Dang Mike, you mellowing out? Normally you'd be not so nice about someone doing a full-on flush/fill with odd fluid then having issues. :ROFLMAO: Sorry, it just struck me funny. Hope the o/p gets it sorted out.....

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Dang Mike, you mellowing out? Normally you'd be not so nice about someone doing a full-on flush/fill with odd fluid then having issues. :ROFLMAO: Sorry, it just struck me funny. Hope the o/p gets it sorted out.....
Evan has been tutoring me on my approach. Not. :LOL:

Reactions: 1TRIKHD