Just For Curiosity 2...

Preferred Tuner

• Total voters

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
The best tuner would be someone who could drive your truck and tune it. If they're just sending you tunes use whoever makes you feel comfortable.

Lance LB7

Nov 5, 2013
Kentucky
x2145789354895422

yeah i'm not looking for some magical tuner that writes the "best tunes" per say. I'm actually very happy with mine and not looking to change. I've just seen a lot of debate lately and was curious who everyone prefers.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I'll tell you what, I've had three different tuners over the years and they're all on the list. Hands down without exception, Kory's tuning is the best. Not just his tuning, but his service and response. It's a new experience for me to ask my tuner a question and actually have them respond quickly and have them appear to care about what I'm asking.

Tyler_LBZ

Feb 26, 2015
NC
I've been very happy with Dustin's tuning at Diesel Addiction, after my injectors he sent me a tune for my truck (back when I lived in Oregon) and the tune was great, pretty much spot on for not tuning the truck in person. Now that I am in GA he was able to revise the tune in person and make it even better.

Rob has a good rep and does great tuning as well. I will say though, I tuned a friends LBZ dually with one of Dustin's tunes and he was very impressed. He had been running Robs tunes and liked Dustin's tunes better esp for towing, granted both sets of tunes were made with out the tuners seeing the truck.

If at all possible having the truck tuned in person is better, because every truck runs a little different and will respond to tunes differently.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
yeah i'm not looking for some magical tuner that writes the "best tunes" per say. I'm actually very happy with mine and not looking to change. I've just seen a lot of debate lately and was curious who everyone prefers.

Thats been a debate since EFILive first came out. IMO, its whoever you are most comfortable with and who will work with you to better your truck.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I absolutely love that I can call Danville or Mark personally and actually talk to him, tell him what's up, and get a tune within minutes or even during the conversation. His customer service is absolutely incredible for the diesel industry and his tuning has been excellent. I will continue to use Mark for my tuning and turbo needs until one of the two of us quit the diesel game. One of my favorite shops to deal with

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I absolutely love that I can call Danville or Mark personally and actually talk to him, tell him what's up, and get a tune within minutes or even during the conversation. His customer service is absolutely incredible for the diesel industry and his tuning has been excellent. I will continue to use Mark for my tuning and turbo needs until one of the two of us quit the diesel game. One of my favorite shops to deal with

If I wasn't so happy with Kory, I'd be giving Mark a call for that exact same reason.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Tony was my next choice but he's no longer in CT so it changes things. May just end up buying a v2.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I haven't had a reason to try anyone else because Rob's tuning has vastly exceeded my expectations. My truck runs so smooth and gets incredible mileage.