Just cant Friggin Win!!!!!!!!!!

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
A few of you know that with the economy, work hasn't been too plentiful for me. Been doing little projects here and there to pay the bills. Last week I landed a night gig towing. Been driving the last couple of days training driving wrecker and a flat bed, both Freightliners. Having a blast.
Well,last night I get home and my wife asks me to bring in Christmas packages from trunk of her moms car and put in the basement. So I'm carrying a big box in the dark and step into a hole about a foot deep. It hurt a bit, but I walked it off.
This morning, I wake up and cant step on it. as the day's progressing, it's swelling and turning blue! No Money! - No Insurance! Three kids to worry about. Merry God Damn Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, sorry to rant. Just sitting here ready to totally flip out.​

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
A few of you know that with the economy, work hasn't been too plentiful for me. Been doing little projects here and there to pay the bills. Last week I landed a night gig towing. Been driving the last couple of days training driving wrecker and a flat bed, both Freightliners. Having a blast.
Well,last night I get home and my wife asks me to bring in Christmas packages from trunk of her moms car and put in the basement. So I'm carrying a big box in the dark and step into a hole about a foot deep. It hurt a bit, but I walked it off.
This morning, I wake up and cant step on it. as the day's progressing, it's swelling and turning blue! No Money! - No Insurance! Three kids to worry about. Merry God Damn Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, sorry to rant. Just sitting here ready to totally flip out.​

I have broke my ankle 3 times:eek: 2 times on the left foot and one right. Every time my ankle, shin and foot swelled up instantly and turned blue shortly after. Sometimes sprain's will hurt just as bad but tend to swell up later on in my experience. Hopefully its just a sprain and you wont be down long. Lots of ice and some advil will help regardless. Good luck man...

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Work has bin slow for me as well, me and my brother just got a night job given to us on overtime. We only bin into it a couple of days and my brother burns his hand 3rd degree so he's out for a bit and I know he needs the money.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
sprained mt right ankle 4 times now and the doc says each time i would have been better off breaking it :( good luck with it. it sucks.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I know how ya feel! Had a boat hitch crush my ankle couple years ago, and gave me a fracture and bone/muscle bruising. It hurt like a SOB! Ice, pain meds, ace wraps, and be kind to it! :hug:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I've sprained each of my ankles 3 times. It get easier to do this every time after. :rolleyes:
I hope it is only a sprain my friend. God bless you and your family.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I know how you feel! Lost 96% of my business when the econ tanked. But the bills still stay the same.... Just keep a positive outlook. At least thats what ppl tell me. God bess and keep your head up!!!

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com

thats too bad. I too have been having hell this year. If it isnt one thing its the next. I cant wait to close out this year and get started on a new one. I hope things work out better next year. Good luck, and get well, hope it heals right up for ya.

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I have heard many times that a sprain can be worse than a broken bone.

So without insurance you just cant go to a doctor unless you have cash upfront???

I really feel for alot of you guys down there over the past couple of years with the whole economic deal. Fortunately it hasnt had too much of an impact up here. :angel:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
well, the swellings going down and blue went to red. Still hurts like a mother and cant really move my toes too easily.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Man that sucks, but when your at the bottom things can only go up.

Only for the fist 24hrs. the best thing now is to alternate heat and ice for 20 mins with a hr. in between.

Thats not true. Stick with advil and ice. The main thing you have to worry about (aside from a broken ankle) is the fact that its blue. Its blue because there is no circulation to it from swelling. NSAIDs and ice will knock that inflammation and get the blood moving. You DO NOT want to heat it because you will dialate those blood vessels which is the opposite of what you need to do.