JerryL

JerryL

Feb 9, 2010
Emporia, Ks.
Just drove home and stopped at the mail box, in Park. Once in drive, the "D" indicator didn't light up and it didn't move. Put into park, then into reverse, "R" lit and it moved. Then into Drive, still no indication, still no gears. Nothing till shifted down to First. Got proper indication and it drove in first. Moved shifter up to Drive and it still pulled. Went to park and back to drive. Same as before. Had to pull it all the way back down to First.
Does anyone have any idea as to where to start?
THANKS!
JerryL

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
There is an electronic selector for P,N,D... I can't think of what it is called off the top of my head. Someone here should know. I'm pretty sure its on the transmission...

I'll bet thats the problem though. Shouldn't be too expensive of a fix. And if I recall right anybody with a couple basic tools and swap them out.

You'd find some info if you did a search of the forums here or on dieselplace

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
FMOS, I'm so new to this site that I'm not sure how to respond to a private message.
THANKS again!
JerryL

After you have it open there is a little button on the bottom right hand side that looks like this
reply_small.gif
hit that or scroll down and there is a quick reply box.

If your having problems finding the private message function it should be lit up red at the top of the forums page.

PS- Welcome to the site

JerryL

Feb 9, 2010
Emporia, Ks.
NSBU Replaced

Thanks to all who had input to my questions about the NSBU switch. I ended up replacing it after all. Oh well! The good news is two-fold. I learned something new about my truck AND I didn't have to bring it to someone else to fix it.
THANKS!
JerryL