ISIMPLE for Bluetooth?

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I've been trying to research the best/most affordable option for getting Bluetooth in my 08LMM. I've read some used Isimple and some mentioned changing out the on star box and it gave them Bluetooth. Does anyone have a no BS answer and what p/n did y'all order? Just looking for some guidance as my 08 is LTZ with nav and I haven't ever torn the dash down to get to the radio either. Thanks for any input..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DeDiesel

King of Mars
Dec 21, 2011
Northern DE & Tucson AZ
Go with the OnStar option if you can find the module. I started with iSimple in my 07.5 and it worked well for the first 6 months or so and then I started having sound quality issues, Bluetooth issues and then wire harness connection issues. Also, the microphone sound quality was not great. After getting fed up with it I bought the OnStar module on ebay. It has been great with no issues since I installed it 4 years ago. I'll see if I can find the part number for the OnStar module and wiring harness kit. Installation was very easy and took only 30 minutes or so.

Also, I did use the Costar Bluestar Hands Free Bluetooth Kit for GM Vehicles for a long time. It worked well but not as well as the OnStar Bluetooth module. It interfered every time I tried to load a new tune and would get corrupted if I forgot to disconnect it - simple fix of downloading and updating the firmware from the Costar site.

Last edited:

DeDiesel

King of Mars
Dec 21, 2011
Northern DE & Tucson AZ
You will need three parts to put OEM/ OnStar Bluetooth into 2007.5/2008/2009/2010 GMT-900 trucks. When I bought mine off eBay it came with the Bluetooth antenna and my truck already had the Audio/Bluetooth switch (Steering wheel controls) installed https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=trucks

20783877 - VCIM
25851951 - Audio/Bluetooth switch/ steering wheel buttons
15938939 - vcim Bluetooth antenna

You won't need an additional wiring harness - I did because I added factory NAV at the same time. If you do, i bought mine on eBay from seller
"oem-radio-solutions"

DeDiesel

King of Mars
Dec 21, 2011
Northern DE & Tucson AZ
If anyone is interested in the OnStar module with Bluetooth for the GMT-800 trucks it is GM 25965167. Works great but not such an easy install as you have to take a fair amount of the dash apart and make a bracket to install the new module in the factory location.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
If anyone is interested in the OnStar module with Bluetooth for the GMT-800 trucks it is GM 25965167. Works great but not such an easy install as you have to take a fair amount of the dash apart and make a bracket to install the new module in the factory location.
Thanks for all the good info

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk