Is My cheetha Sick ?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Since when are you so serious .... oh because its your motor now not mine . :D No joking allowed .

You know I knew the turbo also showed signs of scraping , I was just making a funny .

And at the pulls tommy was pedalling it .

The barking only happened when towing on the race tune also .
I rode in the truck day before it blew and it ran like a top and you heard no noise or scraping or barking .

Maybe when it was barking previous towing it was pushing the impeller into the housing . Had to be when it happened I think . Or when it let loose .

I spun the turbo and felt it when they were pulling motor , it wasnt scraping but showed signs of it on housing and it was tighter than you would think it would be and harder to turn than it should be . Not alot of shaft play either .

So is it supposed to bark with a race tune while towing two jet skis?:confused:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Since when are you so serious .... oh because its your motor now not mine . :D No joking allowed .

You know I knew the turbo also showed signs of scraping , I was just making a funny .

And at the pulls tommy was pedalling it .

The barking only happened when towing on the race tune also .

I rode in the truck day before it blew and it ran like a top and you heard no noise or scraping or barking .

Maybe when it was barking previous towing it was pushing the impeller into the housing . Had to be when it happened I think . Or when it let loose .

I spun the turbo and felt it when they were pulling motor , it wasnt scraping but showed signs of it on housing and it was tighter than you would think it would be and harder to turn than it should be . Not alot of shaft play either .

since i only run one tune i cant say it did or didint do it on another tune ether can you

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
The cheetah uses a different shaft than stock but it is of the same diameter. The shafts are friction welded to the turbines on all turbos these days. You can't replace them without some fancy equipment.

Tommy has a true LMM cheetah. The vanes are smaller than LBZ and I think they're a bit too small IMO which creates too much shaft speed. We'll see how the turbo looks when I get it back. The tolerance to the housing is tighter than stock but shouldn't hit. Repeated barking from improper tuning could cause contact... but is that the problem I don't have enough info to say. It should be on it's way back tomorrow and we'll go from there. I'll keep everyone posted.

Brayden

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Well what happened???

Notheing had it checked out localy and it was fine. what apeared to be the wheel touching the case was just the look of the machining. couldent tell when it was in the truck.:eek: after talking to a few people with simular symptoms.I belive its just wht will happen as we go up in size with chargers. and you need to keep it in a lower gear while up steeper grades. testings done and will be going bigger when the trucks done :)

motohed

dirty payback
Apr 15, 2008
escondido, ca
Notheing had it checked out localy and it was fine. what apeared to be the wheel touching the case was just the look of the machining. couldent tell when it was in the truck.:eek: after talking to a few people with simular symptoms.I belive its just wht will happen as we go up in size with chargers. and you need to keep it in a lower gear while up steeper grades. testings done and will be going bigger when the trucks done :)

holy hell!!! going bigger!!!??? i would crap my pants if i rode in your truck as is!!!!:eek: