Ironman Tires??

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
Has anyone heard anything about Ironman Tires?? They are 235/85/R16 tires and they are made in China. They are on a gooseneck trailer I`m looking at and nearly new. I hate the idea of buying the trailer and find out I`ve got China Bombs and wind up having to invest more in replacements. I`ve never heard of them!!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Run em till you blow 2 then replace them all. My experience with China tires on trailers is they can last forever if they never get overloaded. Overload or run them close to the max once or too fast with a load on and they go quick!

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
Run em till you blow 2 then replace them all. My experience with China tires on trailers is they can last forever if they never get overloaded. Overload or run them close to the max once or too fast with a load on and they go quick!

I know what you`re saying....but twice a year I make a 500 mile one way run. That`s where the concern comes in. I put Carlisle Load F tires on my other Goose last year, even with the knowledge that some folks had blow outs, but I never had a problem. Just hoping to learn something about these other China tires before I make a committment.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio

Good Advice from similar experience.

nuffsaid

Nov 17, 2008
Worland, Wyoming
In reality, Chinese tires have gotten a lot better. I hear of less warranty issues with some China brands I sell, than with US brands. As a matter of fact, the last 4 tire separations I had were all high dollar goodyears on my 5er
Just make sure air pressure is up where it needs to be in relation to the load.

SC3283

Jun 9, 2010
Personally Id pull em off and sell them to someone price hunting.

Not worth the hassle or the possible catastrophe that could arise when 1 or more blow, separate, fling the cap at another vehicle on the hiway etc

you know the failure will occur at the MOST inoportune time

I have taken 8 off in the past yr on my 2 trailers...

Last edited: