iPhone iOS 6

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
So who has updateded ??

I have not. Lol lots of bad things I have heard. You lose YouTube and the the Maps app ( Google maps). You do get a new map app but from what people have said it is lacking a lot.

What is everybody else's opinion?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think you can download those apps they just don't come with it since apple & google hate each other

RandoTx

May 6, 2011
I did it, was bummed about the no YouTube, but there is a specific app. Seems to be running a lot smoother overall. Just f'd around with the map, seemed cool, I don't take a sub/bus/public, I drive, so the map part most people are bitchin about is the lack of public transit layout. Over all, haven't had it too long, had an issue with wifi on the iPad 2 at first, but did a reset and no problems, no issues on iPhone 4. We will see how it is on the 5 when that comes in.

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
Seems like update is ok . Had to reload Youtube , but the find friends app I don't realy care for. Seems kinda like a program for stalkers to find people way to easy.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I loaded the update. I wanted the Do Not Disturb function. It automatically silences the email and texting alerts for me at night. The Find My iPhone app is nice also. The new turn by turn feature of the new maps could come in handy also.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
Havent really noticed too much different. I'll have to reload youtube, cause the kids use that, LOL.

My 5 should be here today, so we'll see.

I do notice that on FaceBox, you still cant edit or share from the phone. That Sucks big time. Very disappointed in that one!!:mad:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I was running 5.01 jailbroken. Saved my SHSH Blobs so I can go back if needed with no issues.

I really haven't had time to play with it yet. I have noticed that the Apple maps does an excellent job at caching everything around you so there is very little (if any) lag when scrolling around or looking for a place of interest.

I used the traffic on the old google maps for houston, and the traffic overlay on the apple map just plain sucks!

haven't used the turn by turn yet, so no comment there. Turn by turn is the only reason I updated on my wife's phone because she used the crap out of it on her old android with google maps.

only reason I had the jailbreak was for tethering and other little cydia apps. Nothing too important. I'm sure the 4s ios 6 will be jailbroken soon, the chip is a little more difficult as they already have tethered jailbreak for the 4 and older on ios6.

Then again, I am far from an apple fan. I have an Iphone strictly because its free from work. I absolutely love android!! possibilities are endless and once you root its like modding your truck, you just keep adding until you have a super smart phone that can cut 9's in the 1/4!! lol

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
Deff lost youtube.
The new map is pretty sweet. It captured a picture of my house with a plane over it. The new picture taking features are pretty sweet.

Capt.D

Sep 1, 2011
Atmore, Alabama
Having switched to android a good while back it's funny hearing everyone talk about the new features tose of us using android have had for quite a while.....the free turn by turn with google works better than the nav in my 13 truck....you'll enjoy it

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
That was one thing I hated about the iPhone. No voice turn by turn directions. But the Mapquest app worked fine for that.

I was just reading up on some of the idiots sitting outside waiting for the iPhone 5. Can't believe people camp out for that crap.

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
^^ x2 on the waiting for a phone of all things. If I had the time to do nothing but wait in line for five days I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting in line for five days.