LML Internals

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
all of the lml short block parts *should* interchange with all previous gen dmax short block parts...all of the basic dimensions stayed the same, so i see no reason why you couldnt try some lml pistons in a lb7/lly/lbz/lmm built motor and see how they hold up...

Cr is down a bit too on the lml, i think its now 16.0:1?? Or at least thats what some of the documents said....
the lml is 16:1, but the van engine is 16.8:1. Also, i had a conversation last wk with one of the engineers and he still thinks that the pistons will crack at twice the hp rating.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
the lml is 16:1, but the van engine is 16.8:1. Also, i had a conversation last wk with one of the engineers and he still thinks that the pistons will crack at twice the hp rating.

I know this is a million dollar question, but I would be plenty happy if they were as strong or stronger than LB7/LLY pistons...

anything is better than LBZ pistons.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I know this is a million dollar question, but I would be plenty happy if they were as strong or stronger than LB7/LLY pistons...

anything is better than LBZ pistons.
hopefully! whats nice is they are 16:1 meaning no machining needed during builds

Last edited:

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
But did he hold the same opinion of the LB7/LLY pistons ?

(400+-)x2 is still over 800. The LBZ aren't doing that.

Figure actual HP is around 320 rw. Some most likely went 640 but not many and not for long.

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i was informed this afternoon (by somebody who had pulled apart a lml) that lml pistons will not fit lbz rods without machining.

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
i was informed this afternoon (by somebody who had pulled apart a lml) that lml pistons will not fit lbz rods without machining.

Interesting, though I really don't think any one want to do that.. If you had good pistons, then matched up with the soft LBZ rod I dont see any gain by doing so