LB7: Interesting Lift Pump Pressure Issue...

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
For informational purposes...

My personal truck, 2002 LB7, stock injectors, stock LB7 CP3, AirDog DF-165 Adj, dynoed at 546/1076 at the wheels.

AirDog started acting up on me recently. Lift pump gauge would start creeping up from the normal 13 or so to as high as 30! on the gauge, flick the high beams (don't ask how I figured that out) and it would drop back to normal.

So my assumption was ground issue. Checked/cleaned all the power & ground leads, verified operation. Carry on. Same thing.

Order a replacement motor for it, remove the assy from the frame, clean it all up, swap motors, put it back together and problem solved.

HOWEVER

It was sitting at 14psi and I had an odd surge, only at idle, in gear, rail pressure would move 1000ish psi.

Backed it off to 12psi, problem appears to be solved. Idle rail psi in gear is approx 6000 on the gauge.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Too much pressure on the FCA caused the spike. Maybe its getting weak or maybe the new pump is just that much better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i found that anything over 12-13 psi would freak my FCA out bad. You only need enough idle pressure to still have positive pressure when you are wide open throttle.