Interchangeable parts

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
I am currently in the process of getting parts to build a spare block I have. I bought it as a bare block and looking to buy some of the little things here and there. As I look on gm's part list I see some of the parts are no longer available. Those include the reluctor ring, crank oil gear, and little things like that. Can I use those on a LBZ build if they are made for a lml? Also, will the one piece lb7 cam gear and reluctor wheel work as well? I will be using a lml crank in the build. What surprises me is how much cheaper some of the parts are between the trucks.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I have a bunch of lb7 /lly parts stock piled i dont need.U pay the ride and let me know what you need and its yours.Im in canada but the offer stands.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
c20elephant said:
Budget build, LBZ/LMM rods, LML keyed crank, (crank gear is not sold separately it is pressed on at the factory from reading a few post on here.?, keyed cam, LB7/LLY pistons, seems to be what i have seen bantered about.

I have some LMM rods, LLY pistons, LLY oil pump, LLY one piece cam gear and LLY reluctor wheel depending on what truck you're installing the engine in. I also have the front cover, both accessory brackets for an LBZ/LMM engine.

w t f

Last edited:

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
does anyone know if a LBZ reluctor wheel will bolt up to a lml crankshaft oil drive? I know on the lb7 and lly they are three bolts where the LBZ is a four bolt set up.

Unless someone has a gear and reluctor ring for an LBZ sitting around they want to get rid of?

Last edited: