in the buckeye state
stock is considered good too 700hp

by the time i see guy replacing them they have fully built motors

as for hoe make them sperco, banks, and turbonetics have them iirc

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
what about water ICs, ive been lookin into them.

IMO, i think thats the best option for all out performance if done right but prolly best reserved for extreme pullers and draggers. If i ever do a fully built race d-max or any other boosted engine, air to water will be my choice! Often, nasty turbo and centrifugally blown drag cars have the passenger seat area occupied by a huge Air 2 H2O cooler:D

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
IMO, i think thats the best option for all out performance if done right but prolly best reserved for extreme pullers and draggers. If i ever do a fully built race d-max or any other boosted engine, air to water will be my choice! Often, nasty turbo and centrifugally blown drag cars have the passenger seat area occupied by a huge Air 2 H2O cooler:D

i agree with you chriss.

mod sled puller,
tub chassis drag,
trailer queen dyno vehicles.

they usually run ice water the A2W coolers to get the max cooling effect

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
air, timing, VVT postion kill EGT.

im sure some of the salad guys can help you out tunning wise to kill egts

ive done this, over the last year ive tried tons of tunes from dif ppl all with the same result, high EGTs 1800+*, i replaced 2 pistons that had tons of holes in them last fall, im pretty sure its due to high EGTs.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Curtis I saw your one piston out of your motor the other day,and it looked just like my #6 with the same crack.and stop trying to steal my air to water cooler lol think I said that last year to you lol find everything cheap on ebay tank pump cooler for when your not running dry ice at the track and all. I need the ram air hood no from that one black truck in DP mag.

Duramax 6.6L

Nov 23, 2006
Esperance, NY
How did you determine this, I have boost gauges before and after the intercooler and only see 2 - 3 psi difference at most.

I have a boost gauge on the inlet side of inter cooler and the outlet side. I tapped the inter cooler itself for the readings.

Possible I have a bad inter cooler, will look into it more .

Killerbee

Got Honey?
Can you pull it off? If there is a leak, that would explain big drop. Or if it is full of solder. Do you have any oil spotting on the cold side fins, near the black tank? Saw one like that last week. If you have oil, there's your leak, assuming you didn't relocate the PCV thingy.

Duramax 6.6L

Nov 23, 2006
Esperance, NY
the first thing that I looked for was the oil stains on the cooler, didn't find any. Made sure all clamps are tight, I believe there is a flow restriction inside the core itself.