LB7: Injectors and lift pump?

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
I'm pretty sure my injectors are starting to go, I have an appointment today to get them tested. Now I don't have much money like some of y'all on here haha but if I go with 30% overs do I need a lift pump? If I need a lift pump what size would I need to go with, and what's the best bang for your buck on injectors. I need cheap but good, any help would be great, I just don't want to buy bigger injectors and then mess it up more because I need a lift pump, also my truck has 210,000 miles so will the bigger injectors hurt anything, the only thing I have done to the truck is afe stage 2 cold air intake. Please give me some help guys.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Replace the injectors with standard size and get a lift pimp with filters, like the Airdog or Fass. No reason to go oversized if you aren't planning on adding more power or have the ability to tune for them. Lincoln diesel is a good place to buy them from.

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
I have plans on adding more power to it and getting it tuned I just have to do everything in stages, I had big plans for it and then I had a baby and all you guys with kids know the truck goes on the back burner when you have a baby

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
how much power are you looking for? Rods will likely fail before Stock injectors limit your power. I would stay stock.

I run air dog 2 and deleted the factory filter. Runs great. Injectorsdirect... Running 550hp.

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
So u even have a built trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, rods, pistons and trans all have the potential to fail with a hot tune on stock injectors!!!

X2, what's been said already. Get some stock replacement injectors and a good lift pump like a fass, airdog2 or a fuel labs pump with 2micron filter and a H2O separator, adding the lift pump will preserve your injection components and supply your CP3 with a solid stream of clean fuel, and you'll need it to support bigger tunes as well.

I found a really good price on injectors at LDS diesel, they're a forum vendor. I'm not sure who has the "best" price on a lift pump, Alligator diesel, ATP and DHD have always had competitive prices on them tho. Something like or the equivilant of an AirDog2 165 would be a great size pump